Author event and giveaway: Joshilyn Jackson
When Joshilyn Jackson comes to town, I clear my calendar. There’s no way I’d miss a lunch with this talented, energetic, and entertaining author. Joshilyn is pure, deep-fried Southern, so her lunches are a lot of fun. At her recent lunch, I learned:
- Someone Else’s Love Story started with William Ashe – his character was a way for Jackson to write about miracles.
- Poetry opens each section because of Walcott. Emily Dickinson poems fit the book.
- Poetry is a new “thing” for Jackson because reading it requires patience.
- Jackson wanted to be an author ever since she was 4 years old. She says, “Someone Else’s Love Story is the best thing I’ve ever written. It’s a pretty brave book.”
- She went to school for theater and graduate school for creative writing. She has worked as a playwright and an actor.
- Jackson doesn’t plot ahead but she knows her characters really well.
- Her next book will be about Paula and the working title is Nobody’s Nothin’.
I got Joshilyn to autograph a copy of Someone Else’s Love Story for one lucky reader. To enter to win an autographed copy of SOMEONE ELSE’S LOVE STORY, simply fill out the entry form. Contest is open worldwide – one entry per person, please. I will use random.org to determine the winner. Contest ends at midnight EDT Sunday, January 5, 2014. Comments are welcome (and appreciated) but will not get you an entry in the contest.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)