Saturday Snapshot

February 15, 2014

Our part of the country saw quite a bit of snow (for us) last week and I now have a new respect for people who deal with this kind of weather every winter.  Our snow came in two waves – we got about 4 inches on Tuesday and then we had a little break before it snowed all day Wednesday.  I took a walk early Wednesday morning during that break and snapped a few photos with my phone along the way.  It’s been years since our area has seen snow like this and I hope it’s a long time before we see it again.

Snow collage

Saturday Snapshot was started by Alyce of At Home With Books and is hosted by Melinda of West Metro Mommy.  It’s easy to participate – just post a picture that was taken by you, a friend, or a family member and add your link on Melinda’s site.

1. February 15, 2014 6:18 am

It sure is beautiful but wow!! I can’t believe all the snow everyone has received this year. I do wish that we got a little bit for Elle to play in but Dallas just isn’t equipped to handle much of it. Here’s hoping spring is just around the corner!

2. February 15, 2014 7:05 am

Cute snow people!

3. February 15, 2014 9:28 am

I’m glad you took a walk even if you couldn’t find anybody to go with you. We NEED the snow out west and we are not getting it.

4. talesofwhimsy permalink
    February 15, 2014 9:43 am

I hear ya. I hope we get a few years off now. Great pics though. Especially the leaning guy on the lower left.

5. February 15, 2014 10:05 am

It is tiring for sure Kathy. I am so tired of looking at it, shoveling it, walking in it – fighting it. Come on spring 🙂

6. February 15, 2014 11:14 am

So glad I’m in Mexico for the winter!!!

7. February 15, 2014 11:22 am

I can see your snow melts quite a bit after it’s fallen, still can see the grass. We’re a few deep in snow. But glad you’ve enjoyed your snow recreation. 🙂

8. February 15, 2014 11:51 am

Beautiful! That’s a lot of snow! The snow looks lovely with the pink flowering tree. And the snowmen are too cute.

9. February 15, 2014 11:54 am

Oh wow, enough snow for a snowman! At least your snow will melt in a few days. Our pile just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Next weekend we are supposed to get a thaw. I hope the weather folks are correct.

February 15, 2014 12:34 pm

Oh my…but I feel your respect…lol…Den does, too, since he has been outside trying to make paths…the snow is ice!

11. Beth Hoffman permalink
    February 15, 2014 12:40 pm

The photos of the snowmen made me smile. I’ll bet you usually don’t have many of those in your area!

12. February 15, 2014 1:40 pm

It’s certainly been a white winter.

13. February 15, 2014 1:48 pm

Great snow photos. The snowmen are terrific, especially the “snow statue” on the pedestal. We’ve only had snow once and it only lasted 24 hours. That’s plenty for me.

14. February 15, 2014 2:49 pm

It is so much better when the snow comes only occasionally. I couldn’t take all that heavy snow. Enjoy…

15. February 15, 2014 3:43 pm

At least it gave the kids some fun and excuse for parents to boot them outside. 🙂

16. February 15, 2014 5:22 pm

That looks a lot like what Asheville got. I for one am glad it’s warming up next week and the sun is shining.

17. February 15, 2014 5:40 pm

Whew! That’s a lot of snow for you. I love the lopsided snowman.

18. February 15, 2014 6:14 pm

Great photos! We get the occasional dusting of snow here but not enough for snowmen. I love your leaning snowman!

19. February 15, 2014 7:21 pm

Beautiful! My favorite is the Leaning Tower of Snowman!

20. February 15, 2014 7:30 pm

I love the leaning snowman!

21. lab1990 permalink
    February 15, 2014 9:04 pm

Definitely pretty, and the snowmen are cute!! We had a really good winter last year but this year has been pretty crazy with the snow.

Lauren from http://www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

22. February 15, 2014 9:26 pm

We had snow all last weekend after a few years with none to speak of, and I loved every minute of it, knowing that it would melt away before too long. It’s now back to the usual fifties-and-rain, which I wouldn’t ever trade in for a full season of real winter like I grew up with.

23. February 16, 2014 5:50 am

Pretty but I hate it. We don’t have sidewalks here, so with all the snow piled up along the sides and ice on the roads, I don’t go walking outside. Can’t wait for our tons of snow to start melting.

• Beth F permalink
      February 16, 2014 5:51 am

Well, I should say that I actually like snow — not just the unrelenting snow we’ve gotten lately. I want one nice, pretty snowfall and then bring on the spring.

24. February 16, 2014 7:52 am

Wonderful photos! Thanks for sharing them

25. Diane@BibliophilebytheSea permalink
    February 16, 2014 9:49 am

WOW….that is unusual for SC! We got 10+11+3 in 10 days

26. February 16, 2014 11:32 am

That titled snowman looks so cute! We got a lot of snow too and I loved every minute of it !

27. February 16, 2014 12:07 pm

It HAS been so insane all this snow! Did you see the reports of Atlanta shutting down each week?!? I hope SC was a little more proactive than we were 😉

28. February 16, 2014 12:26 pm

Love your snapshots! And I’m getting tired of all this snow too! Enjoy your week!

29. February 16, 2014 7:25 pm

I think I would appreciate snow more if we only got it once in a while. As is, I hate winter.

30. February 16, 2014 8:29 pm

I think it’s nice that the snow is spreading the joy this year 🙂 We’ve had an average winter for snow, but the freezing temperatures for the past few months are not making anyone happy!

31. February 16, 2014 11:11 pm

Lovely, lovely photos! I know you are tired of the snow, but I never tire of the pictures of the snow.

32. February 17, 2014 12:36 pm

I do love that photo of the blue house through the snow on the pink flowers. We got a nice bit of snow. It seems especially snowy this year. It was nice that this last bit fell Saturday night. (meant that my husband could clean the drive and not me!)

33. swright9 permalink
    February 17, 2014 5:49 pm

Nice snowman! Who would have thought you’d get snow there.

34. February 17, 2014 9:03 pm

It looks pretty to me when it’s at someone else’s house. I live with it all winter but I can imagine how hard it would be for you not seeing it too often. Nice pictures though!

35. February 18, 2014 7:24 pm

Great shots of the snowy weather. It’s been a rough winter here this year too. I’m ready for summer time.

36. sandynawrot permalink
    February 19, 2014 6:44 am

It is so pretty, but if you aren’t used to it or prepared for it, it would be hard. Now you are back to kicking my ass on Fitbit.

February 19, 2014 9:28 am

I’m done with snow! But the photo of the budding tree is gorgeous with the snowy background.