Mailbox Monday

June 24, 2013

Mailbox Monday June 24

Welcome to Mailbox Monday, a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued and hosted by Meredith of Dolce Bellezza this month.    I had a busy, but fun, week last week, and it was pretty bookish too!  Anita came up for Beth Hoffman‘s Book Your Lunch event.  It was great to meet Anita and to see Beth again!  Here are the books that showed up in my mailbox last week:

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Did you find any goodies in your mailbox last week?

About these ads
  1. readerbuzz permalink
    June 24, 2013 6:22 am

Your mail carrier has been busy this week! Enjoy.

Here’s my It’s Monday!

2. sandynawrot permalink
    June 24, 2013 6:51 am

That is a good stack! Dottie’s new one has been getting some praise.

3. June 24, 2013 7:11 am

I see a few I want to read. My daughter bought Gaffigan’s book at his author event and gave it to my husband for Father’s Day. I’m looking forward to reading DBF’s book.

4. booknaround permalink
    June 24, 2013 7:16 am

I just read Love All a week or so ago and enjoyed it. And we have Dad Is Fat on audio waiting for our very long travels at the beginning of July. Hoping it’s hilarious! Enjoy your reading this week.

5. June 24, 2013 7:19 am

Very nice! Love All and Accidents Happen look interesting to me. Great that you got to meet Beth Hoffmann and see Anita too!

6. June 24, 2013 7:29 am

Well, I didn’t get a thing. But that’s a good thing, because already one can’t see the top of our coffee table! :–)

7. June 24, 2013 7:46 am

The fantasy and the illustrations in the Shakespeare Star Wars novel and the psychic aspect of The Secret Ingredient intrigue me. I hope you like them all.

8. June 24, 2013 7:54 am

Almost all of these are new to me! I think Love All intrigues me most. Have a great week of reading!

9. June 24, 2013 8:16 am

I’m interested in Love All and Accidents Happen. Enjoy your books…and thanks for visiting my blog.

10. June 24, 2013 8:47 am

The secret ingredient looks interesting — is that a foodie book?

11. June 24, 2013 8:49 am

A nice, fat, healthy mailbox! enjoy them all.

12. Beth Hoffman permalink
    June 24, 2013 9:05 am

Terrific mailbox, Kathy! Happy reading.

13. June 24, 2013 9:13 am

Kathy, I am somewhat afraid to visit your blog especially on Mondays because… I am always green with envy of your new books! LOL!

14. Jennifer @ The Relentless Reader permalink
    June 24, 2013 9:19 am

Nice stack! I really, really want to read Dad is Fat. He is simply hilarious!

June 24, 2013 10:23 am

We got a lot of the same books! I can’t wait to hear about DAD IS FAT!

16. June 24, 2013 10:38 am

You had Beth Hoffman!!!! I have to get her to Minnesota :)

17. cherylmash permalink
    June 24, 2013 11:02 am

WOW! Another week of great books. I hope you like them all. Can’t wait to see what you think.

18. June 24, 2013 11:08 am

i often regret that I didn’t take up an offer to read Dorothea Benton Frank’s book On Folly Beach (or something like that title), and now that I see her newest release I feel that I really must pick up one of her books. Happy reading! Also, how wonderful to find Beth Hoffman commenting on bibliophile’s blogs. That’s an involved author!

19. June 24, 2013 11:34 am

I just started The Last Original Wife- enjoy your week!

20. June 24, 2013 11:44 am

I recently finished Love All and loved it (save a few mixed feeling about the end). Looking forward to hearing what you think!

21. June 24, 2013 12:07 pm

Amazing stack, enjoy! I’ve been seeing Visitation Street as a recommendation on several book buying websites. Last week was a quiet book week for me, but I did get the new Susanna Daniel novel, Sea Creatures!

22. June 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Good stuff :)

23. June 24, 2013 12:58 pm

i have The Last Original Wife on my kindle, yet to read. Looks like a good haul of books this week for you. I added a few kindle books and was sent Last to Die by Lisa Jackson for review. Happy reading.

24. June 24, 2013 1:13 pm

I really, really, really want to read Dad is Fat. I’m on the hold list at the library. I saw the author on the Daily Show and he cracked me up. I’d really like to see him when he is in Green Bay in July, but I haven’t been able to convince my husband yet (probably because he is not sure if he and my oldest son will be back from Cub Scout camp yet).

You look like me with your mailbox. My husband always says, it isn’t a day if Laura isn’t getting another book in the mail. I’ve been trying to cut back on the book addiction just because I’ve been getting more books than I can read! Troubling – if only I could read more! :-)

25. June 24, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi Kathy,

What a bumper mailbox this week, I often wonder just how many books you manage to read in a week, as if my mailbox was this jam-packed every week, I think that I would be drowning in a sea of books right now!!

You also have some pretty hilarious titles this week, which made me smile. The single book which stood out from the crowd for me though, was the psychological thriller ‘Accidents Happen’. Louise is a new to me author, but after checking out her site and reading about both the thrillers she has so far published, she is a definite addition to my reading list.

Thanks for sharing,

Yvonne

26. June 24, 2013 1:49 pm

looks like you got some great reads

27. June 24, 2013 2:06 pm

I bet that Jim Gaffigan book is hysterical!

28. June 24, 2013 2:34 pm

I think I’m getting a copy of Love All too. It looks good! I liked The Secret Ingredient and can’t wait to hear what you think of it. Have a great week, Kathy!

29. June 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Enjoy :)

30. June 24, 2013 2:41 pm

Nice mailbox.

ENJOY!!!

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

31. June 24, 2013 2:42 pm

Such a great mailbox. STINK caught my eye because I know my son would definitely go for it, and I always keep an eye out for books targeted at boys.

32. June 24, 2013 3:16 pm

I’ve seen great reviews for The Last Original Wife. Hope you enjoy your new haul!

33. June 24, 2013 3:57 pm

We have quite a few of the same books! Accidents Happen…I can’t wait to read…I already read the wife one…and I have Visitation Street, too. Enjoy!

34. June 24, 2013 3:59 pm

Many of these sound enjoyable, but as a fan of Jim Gaffigan, I’d first read his book! :)

35. June 24, 2013 5:14 pm

Yet another round of fantastic books! Looks like summer is starting off right for you :)

36. June 24, 2013 5:33 pm

I saw DAD IS FAT somewhere recently but can’t recollect where. You got some good books – enjoy them!

37. June 24, 2013 5:37 pm

I’ve seen a few of these on other MM posts today. Makes me what to see what they’re about. Hope you enjoy them all!

38. June 24, 2013 6:17 pm

Accidents Happen and The Last Original Wife are both on my radar. Look forward to your thoughts.

39. booksnyc permalink
    June 24, 2013 9:02 pm

I missed Jim Gaffigan at BEA but I hear he is very funny.Love All looks interesting too. Enjoy your books!

40. June 24, 2013 9:37 pm

Another great looking stack! Redemption Mountain has me intrigued! Thanks for visiting my memes post today!

41. June 25, 2013 11:04 am

The Secret Ingredient and Things Happen are two books I need to check out. Happy reading.

42. June 25, 2013 1:20 pm

Nice week. I have the Star Wars book too.

Book Your Lunch always has the best authors!

43. June 25, 2013 3:01 pm

I have The Secret Ingredient on my wishlist, but I must admit I am very curious about Accidents Happen! I have seen in twice today and it sounds like my type of book. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on it. Enjoy your new books!

44. June 26, 2013 11:28 am

Looks like a great stack. Enjoy!

45. June 26, 2013 11:59 am

Another great mailbox. I’m anxious to read Dorothea Benton Frank’s new book. I really enjoy her books. Enjoy Kathy!

46. June 26, 2013 1:34 pm

Wow, what a week! I can’t wait to hear what you think of the Dorothea Benton Frank book.

47. June 26, 2013 9:06 pm

You have a lot of great sounding books!

48. Michelle Fidler permalink
    June 28, 2013 4:11 pm

I received Lady of Ashes by Christine Trent yesterday. It’s a mystery about a Victorian undertaker. I got it from Paperback Swap. Today I just bought a bunch of used books at the library’s gift shop. They had a buy one, get one free offer on fiction books.

49. June 28, 2013 10:20 pm

What a stack of books – Enjoy!