March 25, 2020

I found this word in THE RED LOTUS by Chris Bohjalian.

1. lubricious – “She couldn’t decide whether they were flirting — there was something lubricious about the pursuit — or whether it was a more innocent, avian version of tag.”

Lubricious is an adjective that means offensively displaying or intended to arouse sexual desire.

________________________________________________

1. March 25, 2020 8:38 am

What a book to be reading now!

2. Lloyd Russell permalink
    March 25, 2020 10:29 am

Didn’t quite get there, but was in the same ballpark.

Lloyd (408) 348-4849

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 12:01 AM Bermudaonion’s Weblog wrote:

> BermudaOnion posted: ” Wondrous Words Wednesday is a weekly meme where you > can share new words that you’ve encountered or spotlight words you love. > Feel free to get creative! If you want to play along, grab the button, > write a post and come back and add your link to Mr. ” >

3. March 25, 2020 1:35 pm

I once met Chris Bohjalian — as a volunteer at a book fair it was my job to drive him to the airport. I’ve only read one book of his. The book talk was about a holocaust book that sounded too depressing, though I did read one of the sources that he talked about in his book talk. I’ve seen that word but never managed to use it myself.

My Wednesday is wordless today (almost).

Be Well! … mae at maefood.blogspot.com

4. March 25, 2020 1:46 pm

I wanted to know more, so I looked up the pronunciation: /lo͞oˈbriSHəs/ I was expecting a long e sound in the middle. It apparently comes from the Latin word lubricus, meaning easily led astray.

5. March 25, 2020 1:51 pm

Didn’t know this word.

6. March 26, 2020 5:46 am

I have never read a book by Chris Bohjalian. I guess I should change that!

7. March 26, 2020 5:07 pm