January 22, 2020

This week’s word is from HIDDEN AMERICA by Jeanne Marie Laskas.

1. leachate – “Seventeen miles of pipes carry the leachate into collection areas.”

I don’t think I’ll have much use for this word.  Leachate is water that has percolated through a solid and leached out some of the constituents.

________________________________________

What words do you want to celebrate today?

1. January 22, 2020 6:46 am

Another new one.

2. Lloyd Russell permalink
    January 22, 2020 9:35 am

Well, it was either 100% or 0%. I choose 0%.

Lloyd (408) 348-4849

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 3:36 AM Bermudaonion’s Weblog wrote:

> BermudaOnion posted: ” Wondrous Words Wednesday is a weekly meme where you > can share new words that you’ve encountered or spotlight words you love. > Feel free to get creative! If you want to play along, grab the button, > write a post and come back and add your link to Mr. ” >

3. Mae Sander permalink
    January 22, 2020 9:47 am

Great word! I think I saw it happening in the beautiful nature area that is also a wastewater treatment area in Florida. Birds LOVE wastewater!

My word today is a very familiar and common one that means something to me right now. See:

best… mae

4. January 22, 2020 11:22 am

Seems like it could be a good thing that you don’t have much use for it!

5. January 22, 2020 11:24 am

I feel like someone has recommended this book to me. Do you like it? I didn’t know the word either.

6. January 22, 2020 3:39 pm

I knew this word because we added a bathroom to a house we used to live in.

7. January 22, 2020 4:34 pm

This word is new to me, Kathy. Hidden America sounds like an interesting book!

8. January 23, 2020 3:31 pm

I only knew the word because I have a worm bin, to make vermicompost. A lot of people with worm bins get leachate- my bin doesn’t drip but I learned about it anyway.

9. January 23, 2020 4:37 pm