December 25, 2019

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate!  Here are some fun holiday words for December.

1. dreidel

A dreidel is a four-sided top used by children to play a game during Hanukkah.

_________________________________________

2. kinara

A kinara is the candle holder used in Kwanzaa celebrations.

_________________________________________

3. Nativity

Nativity means the process or circumstances of being born.  When it’s capitalized, it refers to the birth of Jesus.

_________________________________________

What words do you want to celebrate today?

1. December 25, 2019 3:26 am

Hi Kathy,

A mixed response from me this time …

I had no idea about a ‘kinara’.

I knew the true meaning of ‘nativity’.

I have come across ‘dreidel’ before but didn’t really know what it was, as I have only ever heard it sung in a song about Hanukkah, by the Christmas choir in the US pavilion in Epcot, Florida!

Nice festive selection and I wish you and yours Seasons Greetings 🙂

Yvonne
    xx

2. December 25, 2019 5:24 am

I love the holiday words! Hope you and your family have wonderful holidays with good vision! :–)

3. December 25, 2019 7:03 am

Fun words today. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

4. December 25, 2019 9:21 am

Wonderful holiday words. And don’t forget one of my favorites: Jólabókaflóð. I did a post about this one in 2018.

• December 26, 2019 5:59 am

Hi Deb,

I love the notion of a ‘Christmas Book Flood’, what a lovely word 🙂

Checking out some of the great online book deals this Christmas period, I might yet end up with a book flood all of my own … I really must resist, but it is so hard!!

Enjoy the rest of your Christmas celebrations 🙂

Yvonne xx

5. Lloyd Russell permalink
    December 25, 2019 9:53 am

2 out of 3. I will take that! Merry Christmas.

Lloyd (408) 348-4849

On Wed, Dec 25, 2019 at 12:01 AM Bermudaonion’s Weblog wrote:

> BermudaOnion posted: ” Wondrous Words Wednesday is a weekly meme where you > can share new words that you’ve encountered or spotlight words you love. > Feel free to get creative! If you want to play along, grab the button, > write a post and come back and add your link to Mr. ” >

6. December 25, 2019 4:20 pm

WOhoo, I knew 2

7. December 26, 2019 11:00 pm

Belated Christmas Greetings from Sri Lanka.

8. December 27, 2019 6:43 pm

Terrific, timely words for this edition of WWW! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Kathy!