October 9, 2019

This week’s words are from UNFOLLOW by Megan Phelps-Roper.

1. imprecatory – “As with Westboro’s decision to shift our focus to military funeral pickets, our new imprecatory prayers caused me significant consternation — but I had trouble discerning its root.”

Imprecate is a verb that means to invoke or call down evil or curses.

_________________________________________

2. limerence – “And yet the subtext was always there, simmering just beneath conscious thought; I saw it, and I refused to see it, limerence disguised by equivocation and the purposefully easy cadence of our conversations.”

Limerence is a noun that means the state of being infatuated or obsessed with another person.

_________________________________________

What words do you want to celebrate today?

1. October 9, 2019 7:03 am

Both are new to me!

2. Felicity Grace terry permalink
    October 9, 2019 8:45 am

Both of these are new to me as well. Imprecatory isn’t a word that trips off the tongue easily so I think I’ll be remembering this as a verb.

3. Lloyd Russell permalink
    October 9, 2019 9:32 am

Once again you have exposed my vocabulary-less-ness. Thanks a lot!

Lloyd (408) 348-4849

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 12:02 AM Bermudaonion’s Weblog wrote:

> BermudaOnion posted: ” Wondrous Words Wednesday is a weekly meme where you > can share new words that you’ve encountered or spotlight words you love. > Feel free to get creative! If you want to play along, grab the button, > write a post and come back and add your link to Mr. ” >

4. October 9, 2019 2:56 pm

Both new to me as well!

5. October 9, 2019 4:23 pm

All new to me 🙂

6. October 10, 2019 7:18 am

I shall try to use both of these during my conversation with my friend on my morning walk. I think I can do it. Limerence. Imprecate. It will be a fun to try.

October 28, 2019 8:02 pm