Back to School: Weird but True Daily Planner

August 5, 2017
tags:

My baby may have just turned thirty (how did that happen?) but I still remember what it was like getting him ready to go back to school and trying to keep him organized once school started.  I wish NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC KIDS WEIRD BUT TRUE! DAILY PLANNER: 365 DAYS TO FILL WITH SCHOOL, SPORTS, FRIENDS, AND FUN! had been out when he was in school because I think he would have loved it.  I know I do.

This fabulous planner is spiral bound and has a soft cover.  The first few pages are for the owner’s information and schedule and then the planner pages begin.  Each page has two days on it and each page spread has a weird but true fact, a question to make kids think, or a fun pop quiz.  Kids can learn fascinating things like one out of ever 10,000 clovers is a four-leaf clover or in Ukraine, it’s customary to decorate your Christmas tree with spiderwebs.  There’s also plenty of room for kids to keep track of appointments, tests, meetings, and assignments.  Fun photos and graphics are spread throughout the planner.

The back of the planner has 14 “Homework Help” pages including a world map, metric conversion charts, and tips for giving an oral report.  If your school age child needs some help staying organized, you’ll want to grab a copy of this planner!   (Review copy provided by Media Masters Publicity.)

1. August 5, 2017 4:40 am

What a great idea! I don’t know if my daughter would be interested in something like this just yet, but it’s an idea for the future. Our calendar seems to be filling up fast . . . And I foresee it to stay that way for years to come. Thank you for sharing, Kathy.

2. August 5, 2017 8:55 am

do kids still use planners, I know mine did when my baby (now 28) was in school. Now they all seem to have electronics.

3. August 5, 2017 11:42 am

Ah, yes, planners! I love them and haven’t had one in ages. I think my kids had very simple planners. Thanks for sharing.

4. August 5, 2017 2:24 pm

I have a grandson who would like this.

5. August 5, 2017 10:04 pm

The planner may be good for parents as children now will use an electronic timer!

6. August 6, 2017 11:58 am

I have a feeling Mystica is right about most kids will use their calendar on their phone/notepad. I still like mine on paper though.
    My baby turned 31 last week. Good thing we’re not aging as fast as our kids 😀

• August 6, 2017 10:59 pm

Our school requires kids at least in upper elementary/middle school to have paper planners. They could be the cool kid with one of these! LOL

7. Lauren Becker permalink
    August 6, 2017 8:51 pm

I LOVE planners – I always have, even the school issued ones back in the day. I’d love the random facts.

-Lauren

8. August 6, 2017 10:56 pm

I want to use this planner! I think my daughter is too old, but I’m going to pass mine along to my niece. It’s quite awesome from my initial skimming of it!

9. August 8, 2017 1:31 am

This looks way cool.

10. August 8, 2017 10:43 am

This looks need, but I think my daughter is too young for this one.

August 9, 2017 5:29 pm

I can’t wait to feature this one too. It’s fantastic!