Mailbox Monday

October 24, 2016

mailbox-monday-october-24

Welcome to Mailbox Monday, a meme started by Marcia and now hosted on its own blog.   Is anyone else having crazy weather.  We had record highs last week and then woke up to 38º this morning.  It’ll be back in the 80s tomorrow.  I wish Mother Nature would pick a season and stick to it.  I think that might be why I prefer the summer in the south – at least you know what to expect each day.  I found these goodies in my mailbox last week:

Thursday

What did you find in your mailbox last week?

1. Beth F permalink
    October 24, 2016 6:18 am

We’ve had similar sudden highs and lows. Nice looking books this week.

2. October 24, 2016 6:48 am

We have had days where we needed the heat out and then other days where we needed to cool the house off. Crazy weather!

3. October 24, 2016 7:04 am

Yep, it’s fickle fall around here, too. Upper 70s during the day and lows in the 30s. We even had frost on our rooftops/windshields earlier this week. But no snow! Friends in New Hampshire and Colorado have already seen some, but I’ll be happy if it’s late December before it hits here. 🙂

Nice stack of books. Glad you were able to get a copy of Leveling the Playing Field. It should also be available through B&N and Amazon. Hope you enjoy it! Thanks for your support, Kathy!!

October 24, 2016 8:38 am

Yes! We are having crazy weather, too…AC last week and a cozier warmer quilt on our bed this week. I read and liked the Nicola Yoon book…enjoy!

5. October 24, 2016 8:51 am

It’s been a roller coaster everywhere else, but I think we’ve firmly settled into late fall… daily highs in the 40s and chance of snow midweek. Time to head south! Enjoy the new books 🙂

6. October 24, 2016 8:59 am

Yes, the temps are all over the place in my area but mostly pretty nice. I spent the weekend visiting my parents across state and it was a perfect Fall weekend. Went on a hike even!
    Your new books are new-to-me so I’ll watch for your reviews.

7. October 24, 2016 9:43 am

I just put the heavy blankets on, and then it got hot again! Oh well, soon enough we will need them every day!

8. October 24, 2016 10:07 am

Our weather goes up and down, but rain is predicted for this week. Yay!

Your books look tempting…The Sun Is Also a Star caught my eye. Enjoy! Thanks for visiting my blog.

9. cherylmash permalink
    October 24, 2016 10:44 am

All 3 books are “new to me”…hope you enjoy them!

10. October 24, 2016 11:26 am

That is some intense weather you’re having! It’s raining here in LA so that’s pretty crazy too, lol. Ahhh The Sun is Also a Star audiobook!!!! Hope you love it.

11. October 24, 2016 11:29 am

Global warming… we’ve had that too. shorts one day, and my winter coat today. Happy Reading.

12. October 24, 2016 3:25 pm

Our weather is crazy here too, but one bright spot is my husband and I are celebrating our 40th. Wedding Anniversary by going on a cruise this Saturday.

13. October 24, 2016 3:55 pm

Enjoy!

14. October 24, 2016 5:08 pm

We have had some odd (for us) weather as well–rain and lightning! Enjoy your new books, Kathy!

15. October 24, 2016 6:12 pm

I think today this is the last last ‘warm’ day here in VA. Looking forward to the cooler weather. Have a great week Kathy.

16. October 24, 2016 8:09 pm

It has been pretty chilly here, but it isn’t too bad when the sun is out. 🙂

ENJOY your books.

I don’t know any of them.

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

17. October 25, 2016 9:59 pm

The up and down of temps is crazy here too. Looking forward to The Sun Is Also A Star.

18. October 25, 2016 11:53 pm

I really enjoyed Nicola Yoon’s previous book and this one looks good too. Happy reading!

19. October 26, 2016 2:16 am

We never know what weather to expect either. I’m happy with anything above freezing!

20. October 26, 2016 10:36 am

After I dropped off Gage at school I went for my walk. 37 degrees at 8:15. I was not dressed for it!

21. October 26, 2016 12:33 pm

I loved Everything, Everything so I can’t wait to read The Sun is Also a Star!

22. October 26, 2016 12:47 pm

I’m with you – I wish we knew for sure what weather to expect each day. It appears to be cold now but that can change again.

November 1, 2016 7:00 am

So funny — that was 2 weeks in a row where we didn’t get any of the same books!