At the movies: My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2

April 19, 2016
tags:

Greek Wedding 2

Toula’s life is in turmoil – her daughter, Paris, is fed up with the meddlesome ways of their big Greek family and wants to go as far away as she can for college and her parents, Gus and Maria, discover that they’re not really married.  The family rallies to plan the perfect wedding for Gus and Maria – will it be enough to show Paris that all the meddling they do is out of love?

I’ve never seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding but went to see its long awaited sequel, the aptly named My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2, with a friend who did.  I did have to ask her about a few things that happened but, overall, was able to follow the movie just fine.  We both thought the movie was okay – a bit over the top and silly at times, for sure.  The movie is clean so several generations could see it together but I wouldn’t recommend rushing to the theater to see it.  If you saw the first movie, you may want to catch this one but I’d wait for it to come to streaming services.

1. April 19, 2016 7:24 am

I have heard the second movie even used some lines from the first, since they figured people wouldn’t remember! LOL But the first one was fun enough; it really wouldn’t matter to me.

2. April 19, 2016 9:24 am

I agree with Jill. I really enjoyed #1 and just couldn’t quite get myself to see #2. We don’t watch movies at home. So, once it’s gone from the theaters, that will be the end of it.

3. April 19, 2016 9:41 am

I’ve heard that from a few other people, too. Loved the first movie, but will probably wait for this one to come to Netflix.

April 19, 2016 9:45 am

I had a feeling this movie would be as you’ve described it. Sometimes people don’t know when enough is enough!

5. April 19, 2016 4:02 pm

I will still watch it… on dvd

6. April 19, 2016 4:35 pm

I saw #1 and want to see this. After reading your thoughts I think I’ll watch it at home instead of the theater.

7. April 19, 2016 5:32 pm

I loved the first one so I need to watch this. I didn’t know there was a sequel coming.

8. April 20, 2016 2:04 am

Kathy,
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I did not know there was a sequel. I saw the first one several years ago. I’d watch this one, too.

9. April 20, 2016 1:11 pm

I loved the first movie but I’ll wait for streaming for #2. The trailer tells me its a bit over the top.

10. April 20, 2016 2:00 pm

I liked the first movie, but I had no desire for a sequel.

11. Beth F permalink
    April 21, 2016 9:09 am

Looks like it’s as much fun as the first — but I’ll wait for it to come on TV.

12. April 21, 2016 12:45 pm

Thanks for giving me (and everyone else here) the green light to wait for this on video. That was my inclination, but I hate to miss anything that might be better in the theater.

13. April 21, 2016 7:57 pm

Your review seems in line with others I have read. I am surprised that ypu never saw the first one.

14. April 22, 2016 3:10 pm

I liked the first one, so I’ve wanted to see this one. I’ll just wait for streaming or Redbox though!

April 24, 2016 6:53 pm

Booking Daughter and I watched the first one so we could go see this one. I loved the first movie but read a few negative reviews of this one so I’ll probably wait until it’s out of the theaters.

16. May 4, 2016 6:22 am