A Day in the Life

March 24, 2016

A Day in the Life 2

Trish hosted “A Day in the Life” event last year and it was so much fun to see how everyone spends their non-reading time so I’m glad to see she’s hosting it again.  I’m a day late to the party and I’m probably not dressed properly but I’m here just the same.  Since my child is grown and I don’t have a regular job, I really don’t have a typical day anymore but I did try to pick one that was more normal than most – last Wednesday, March 16.

7:00AM – The alarm goes off, I start a load of laundry, and rouse Carl out of bed so we can go on our three mile walk – we do this six days a week.

8:00AM – I put clothes in the dryer and spend some time on the computer checking email and social media and reading blogs.

8:45AM – It’s time to shower and tackle chores like making the bed, folding laundry, vacuuming – you get the picture.

11:00AM – I head to the store to help straighten shelves and get a delivery from the night before out.

1:15PM – I head out to run a few errands.

2:00PM – It’s time for a haircut.  It feels good to sit and have someone fix my hair.

2:45PM – I grab a bite to eat and take it back to the store and then work on deliveries that came in while I was gone.

4:00PM – Carl and I decide to visit a local brewery for a beer.

5:15PM – I call my mom.  She’s 89 and lives by herself so I like to check on her daily.

6:30PM – I walk down to a neighbor’s to visit with a few friends in the neighborhood.

8:00PM – I finally have time to read for a while but do keep check on basketball games going on – it is March Madness after all!

10:00PM – I check computer one more time and get ready for bed.

10:30PM – Lights out!

As you can see, my day was full but not particularly exciting.  I looked back at my post from last year and noticed the two days were pretty similar.  Do you have a typical day?

1. March 24, 2016 7:16 am

I think people would find my days boring, ha. But I’m good with boring. Bet your mom loves your calls!

2. March 24, 2016 7:45 am

You forgot to add an entry for “sending Jill pictures of passages in books featuring ear tucks” – you did that three times this week! LOL

3. March 24, 2016 8:10 am

Good for your Mom! Sounds like a very nice day to me! (Except for the basketball games, that is. No sports for me, except occasionally in a book, but very rarely!) I think it’s great that a typical day includes a craft beer at 4 p.m.! My typical day ends with a (medium- to large-sized) glass of white wine, but I’m job hunting and didn’t want to mention that, just in case a potential employer looks up my blog and gets the idea I’m a big drinker…;)

4. March 24, 2016 8:13 am

I love your inclusion of the basketball games! They’re alway on in our house too – even though my bracket is completely busted!

5. March 24, 2016 8:39 am

I loved your day, Kathy! Typical and regular is fine in my book. After reading some of those days yesterday with those young mommies – wow, that’s why I had my girl when I was younger. LOL

I’m so impressed that you guys walk 3 miles 6 days a week. Way to go. I am definitely working on ‘making’ myself do regular walking, but I still have to talk myself into it each and every time. I wonder if I’ll ever not have to do that – convince myself I mean. 😉

6. March 24, 2016 8:39 am

I think we all think our days are boring, but I love being a voyeur reading these posts, because no one is really boring. I need to get back into walking again….it’s just still so cold in the mornings So much fun to see your day!

7. Diane permalink
    March 24, 2016 9:02 am

I didn’t participate seeing my average day as pretty boring as well but many readers have made these posts so fun. I enjoyed yours Kathy. You are lucky to still have your mom around. Mine passed at 69.

8. March 24, 2016 9:12 am

I doubt my day would be considered average. This is a fun post. I like your day. There is a lot of stability in not having major surprises!

9. March 24, 2016 9:12 am

I did enjoy reading about your day….my day would be really boring, as they all seem to look alike from my end…LOL. I haven’t decided to do it…I was going to pick tomorrow, but then I got an invite to meet a friend at the movies…well, I guess that would be two hours blocked out…Hmm, something to ponder.

I am impressed by your long walks! I need to do something like that, but a little less than that. Thanks for sharing!

10. March 24, 2016 9:27 am

It may not have been a particularly eventful day. But at least you made it readable! With so many bloggers participating (I don’t really know why I haven’t gotten involved in this “assignment”), it’s difficult to read very detailed accounts. Yours gets right to it in bulletpoint fashion. Nicely done.

11. March 24, 2016 10:20 am

I love to read about other folks’ lives! We are all more similar than different.

I love that your family has a craft brew store. How interesting! Love your commitment to walking 3 miles a day–yay! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. By the way, I loved Going Clear, which it says you are reading now. Very eye-opening!

12. March 24, 2016 10:22 am

I am loving getting a glimpse into the lives of fellow bloggers! It looked like a great day.

13. March 24, 2016 10:43 am

This was sweet. I thought you was home on the computer most days, this was a pretty busy day. It is such a treat to get your hair done. I’m sure mom looks forward to your calls. I’m impressed with the walks.

March 24, 2016 11:20 am

I am totally impressed with your 3 mile walks. I like working out first thing, too…I hate walks at the end of the day. I need to get out of bed faster…I am a lingerer!

15. March 24, 2016 12:10 pm

Wow. You walk 3 miles for 6 days out of the week? Good for you. I was pretty good with the walking until I had an injury and then let’s face it, I got lazy. Yes, I am always busy but laziness and my hatred of exercise did me in. I would like to take a dance class someday because I used to love dance class when I was younger but I fear the hilarity that that would cause if I tried to do it now.

16. March 24, 2016 12:38 pm

The morning walk sounds like heaven. Here’s hoping that will be in my day at some point in time!

17. March 24, 2016 12:40 pm

I love that you walk three miles almost every day of the week. Wow! I should try to at least walk every day. Also, love that you call your mom every day. I am sure she loves it!

18. March 24, 2016 1:01 pm

I wish I could find someone to walk with me every morning, but living in the country there are few people nearby. There are a few long trails nearby but I don’t want to go by myself.

I was going to join in on this, but was so busy this week I forgot until late yesterday.

19. March 24, 2016 2:45 pm

You definitely inspire me with the walking. I really want to start walking every morning before work, but that would mean getting up at 6:00 instead of 6:45 which just feels SO early to me. Plus with the time change, it’s dark at that time … ugh.

20. chrisbookarama permalink
    March 24, 2016 2:57 pm

I wonder if I could get my husband up at 7am to go for a 3 mile walk. Probably not.

21. March 24, 2016 4:58 pm

Yay for your walks. I wish I could get one in that often. Going to start working on that.

22. March 24, 2016 5:55 pm

I think it is so awesome that you call to check in on your mom daily 😉 My mom would be jealous to hear that. She’s not elederly but still.

23. March 24, 2016 6:30 pm

Sounds like a nice day 🙂
    I wanna do my day now too! But most days are different, at least after work. So let’s go with..Thursday.

8.15 I get up, eat breakfast and blog.
    9.00 Dress, brush teeth and go to work
    9.20. Work
    11.00 Lunch at work
    11.45 Naptime for the kids so I read.
    13.00 Coffeebreak, these days taken with the kids. And I do a bit of coloring since it’s quiet time while the babies sleep
    14.15 Snack.
    15.45 Outside
    17.00 No more work, home fast!
    17.10 Snack
    17.45 get ready for Zumba fast!
    18.00 Zumba
    19.00 Home again. Reading time.
    21.00 Shower
    10.00 Tv time.
    11.30 Realise it is really late, brush teeth.
    11.50 Lights out, and realising it is late once again

Oops sorry I tried to keep to your am pm thing but I can see my 24 clock came through

24. March 24, 2016 6:45 pm

Hooray for March Madness! 🙂

25. March 24, 2016 10:03 pm

My days are pretty typical too unless I am watching my grandson, then anything can happen! You are blessed to have your mom. I call mine often too.

26. March 24, 2016 11:00 pm

Thank you for sharing your day! What a fun idea!

27. Literary Feline permalink
    March 25, 2016 12:20 am

Thank you for sharing, Kathy! I enjoy reading about everyone’s days. We are all so different and yet there are some commonalities to be found. I love that you walk 3 miles just about every day. I wish we were able to take more walks like that as a family, especially during the weekdays. The weekends would be easy as we’re all together. Now that sun is out longer, we probably well start walking on Saturdays and Sundays again.

28. March 25, 2016 3:28 am

Your day seems so peaceful. Thank you for sharing. 🙂

29. March 25, 2016 7:32 am

mine is usually 5.15am up, 6am at work, 3pm leave work. 3.30pm walk. and then it varies, a bit of TV, yoga class, and a bit of blogging and reading, and when my eyes are not too weary, some writing

30. March 25, 2016 11:18 am

I love how you keep busy and vary your activities. You must enjoy the store!

31. March 25, 2016 3:53 pm

Your day sounded pleasant. Mine would probably put people to sleep!

32. March 26, 2016 11:21 am

I need to get in a routine walking. I have been really slack since breaking my ankle. Bad me!

33. readerbuzz permalink
    March 26, 2016 2:05 pm

I love your day. Exactly the sort of day I wish I had more often!

34. March 26, 2016 3:49 pm

I’m impressed you get out to walk every day. I want to do that, but by the time I get home from work I’m feeling so lazy I don’t do it as often as I should. Sounds like a good day!

35. March 26, 2016 6:38 pm

I’m looking forward to dragging, I mean, encouraging my husband to go on a morning walk with me once we’re retired! 🙂 I love to walk and know it won’t be a problem for me to go for two long ones every day, but I’d really like for him to join me on one.

My week days are pretty typical to what I shared, and my weekends are full of blog hopping, errands, a few chores and the occasional bike ride, weather permitting. I’m looking forward to retirement so I can sleep past 5 a.m.! 🙂

36. March 29, 2016 9:08 am

Lots of March Madness in these posts. Without twitter, I’m not even sure I would know it was happening. 😉 We’re not basketball fans. And how nice that you and Carl go for such a long walk most days. Bet it’s a nice quiet way to catch up as well.

Thanks for sharing your day, Kathy! I do remember you working at the store last year–thanks for including a link this year. Looks very cool!

March 29, 2016 6:11 pm

Busy as usual!

38. March 29, 2016 10:46 pm

oh I love this Kathy! I remember reading lots of posts (including yours) last year and kept reminding myself to remember to participate. The very day of the event I woke up and remembered but realized I never have a typical day. Yours sounds wonderful! How in the world did you ever manage to start a 3-mile daily walk with your husband? How long have you been doing that? So very impressive!

How wonderful that you continue to help in the store, keep up your blog and all the household stuff that has to happen to keep a peaceful, good home AND you call your mom daily. You’re a wonderful person Kathy!

39. March 30, 2016 8:47 am

I love how you walk with Carl 6 days a week – that is awesome! I wish I could get Al t do something like that.

40. March 31, 2016 9:47 am

Wow! A 3 mile walk 6 times a week is impressive. Now that the weather’s finally making a turn for the better I need to find a walking buddy and do the same! I love that your mom still lives on her own at 89, you’ve got good genes 🙂