Mailbox Monday

March 14, 2016

The Children

Welcome to Mailbox Monday, a meme started by Marcia and now hosted on its own blog.    I was able to have surgery on my right eye last week and the doctor said things went well.  Since I’m used to pain in my eyes, I thought the recovery would be a snap for me but I was wrong – it was tougher and more painful than I imagined.  I’m over the hump now, though, and go back tomorrow for a re-check and to have the bandage contact removed.  Then comes the real test to see if it worked.  If it did, I’ll go through it all again later this year on my left eye.  Because of the surgery, I went days without reading and was happy for a light mailbox.  I found these goodies in my mailbox last week:

Monday

What did you find in your mailbox last week?

1. March 14, 2016 5:34 am

I hope things go well for you tomorrow, take care.

2. Diane permalink
    March 14, 2016 7:20 am

I so want to read The Children – loved her first book — lucky you. I did get the eGalley though.

3. March 14, 2016 8:10 am

Hope it works out well for you tomorrow

4. March 14, 2016 8:31 am

Wishing you all the best results, Kathy. You’ll be in my thoughts. I’m hoping to get a copy of The Children as I so enjoyed The Good House.

5. March 14, 2016 8:43 am

Hope your doctor visit goes smoothly, Kathy. Take care!

6. March 14, 2016 8:44 am

Sorry the recover was tough, and hope the results prove it was worth it. Fingers crossed for a good appointment!

I loved The Good House on audio and hope Leary’s new book is just as good.

7. March 14, 2016 9:10 am

Oh, I’m sending good thoughts your way that you have a good result and that the pain (they always call it discomfort!) lessens.

I am eager to get my hands on The Children. Take care, and thanks for visiting my blog.

8. March 14, 2016 9:29 am

Sorry you’ve been in so much pain. I hope tomorrow brings good news.

The Children sounds good.

9. March 14, 2016 9:55 am

Hope your eyes get back to normal soon. I had surgery on both eyes, luckily no problems there. I like the cover of the book. Gets me ready for summer again!

10. March 14, 2016 11:38 am

I had double eye surgery, well one at a time after healing a few years ago, and it’s not a breeze, that’s for certain. I send good wishes your way and hope you bounce back very soon. When you’re completely healed it will have been worth it 🙂

I too am curious about the new Leary book. Hope it’s a good one for you.

11. March 14, 2016 2:42 pm

Good to hear all went well. Sorry to hear about the pain.

Get better, and enjoy your book and reading if you can read this week.

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

12. March 14, 2016 2:48 pm

Wishing you well and less pain.

13. March 14, 2016 3:20 pm

So Jealous! I’m kind of new to the reviewing and blogging. It amazes me how you all get so many books pop up in the mail all the time! Hoping someday my box is full of goodies too!

14. March 14, 2016 3:38 pm

Hi Kathy,

I do hope that all the pain has resulted in lots of gain … Good Luck with the check-up and I hope that the operation makes things loads better for you 🙂

‘The Children’ sounds like an interesting one and this version of the cover art is very alluring, although reviews to date have been rather mixed. Some of Ann’s other books also have interesting storylines, although I don’t think I am feeling pulled towards adding them to my own list.

Thanks for sharing 🙂

Yvonne

15. March 14, 2016 4:06 pm

I’m glad things went well for you eye and that the worst of the pain is behind for now. I wish you the best for your recovery!

16. March 14, 2016 5:07 pm

*fingers crossed*

March 14, 2016 7:45 pm

Oh I hope it helps! Take care!

18. March 14, 2016 8:07 pm

I’m wishing you a speedy recovery and praying that the surgery helps.

19. March 14, 2016 9:19 pm

Glad the surgery went well and I hope the recovery continues well.

20. March 14, 2016 10:38 pm

Sorry to hear the operation was more painful than expected. I hope the recovery goes well. Maybe you could listen to books on audio? The Children looks interesting though not my type I don’t think. I hope you enjoy it.

21. March 15, 2016 1:40 am

Kathy, I hope you recover fully and as quickly as possible! A light mailbox is just what the doctor ordered. I hope you enjoy The Children. 🙂

22. March 15, 2016 2:38 am

I’m sorry to hear you were in more pain than expected. I hope it worked for you. Have a great week Kathy.

23. March 15, 2016 8:33 am

I hope your eyes feel better soon. I hate it when my eyes are in pain and I have a hard time reading. But rest is important as with any body part that undergoes surgery.

Your new book sounds good!

March 15, 2016 9:58 am

I think that’s a great book week! I love that author! I am so sorry that you’ve had to go through so much this past week, but I’m happy to hear that you are on the mend! Happy reading this week!

25. March 15, 2016 1:41 pm

Glad that you are feeling much better. Hope your check up this week goes well too. Fingers crossed for you!

26. March 15, 2016 2:58 pm

Hope everything goes well for you!

27. March 15, 2016 4:01 pm

I hope the pain eases for you soon.

28. March 15, 2016 7:09 pm

I hope the eye problems are resolved soon. An no more pain! Thank goodness for audio books.

29. March 16, 2016 11:45 am

I hope the eye surgery did the trick and you are feeling better soon. The Children looks like a great book and I hope you enjoy it 🙂

30. March 16, 2016 6:10 pm

Hope everything went well!

31. March 16, 2016 8:34 pm

Oh, goodness! I’ve never had any type of medical attention on my eyes and I can only imagine how painful it would be. I hope all is going well now and that you can get back to your reading quickly. Take good care, Kathy.

32. Literary Feline permalink
    March 18, 2016 2:50 pm

I am glad your eye surgery went well, Kathy. But I am sorry to hear it was so painful after. Hopefully things will be better now as you heal more.

33. March 18, 2016 10:14 pm

Ack! Sorry I missed that you had your surgery! I hope the pain and recovery are taking care of themselves!