Mailbox Monday

November 9, 2015

Mailbox Monday November 9

Welcome to Mailbox Monday, a meme started by Marcia and now hosted on its own blog.   We seem to be stuck in a weather pattern that’s bringing us rain, rain, and more rain, and, frankly, I’m tired of it.  Things have been busy in spite of the rain and I actually bought my first Christmas gifts last week.  The holidays are almost upon us!  I found these books in my mailbox last week:

Monday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

What did you find in your mailbox last week?

1. November 9, 2015 6:29 am

All new to me. Going to check out The Things we Keep. Happy shopping.

2. November 9, 2015 6:42 am

Looks like the Christmas books are starting up!

3. November 9, 2015 7:54 am

Very nice mailbox.

I received The Things We Keep too. Loved her other book The Secrets of Midwives.

Have a great reading week, Kathy.

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

4. November 9, 2015 9:05 am

A Dictionary of Mutual Understanding looks good to me. I usually start Christmas shopping right after my husband’s birthday… which is coming up later this week. This year is flying!

5. November 9, 2015 9:29 am

I basically don’t get any ARCs from publishers any more. What are their expectations? Do you have to read/review a certain amount in order to keep getting them? I’ve never understood how this works.

6. November 9, 2015 9:46 am

Christmas shopping? ACK! I guess I better get on that. We woke up to a skiff of snow, but then it melted off and it’s just gray and a bit drizzly here.

7. November 9, 2015 9:47 am

Kathy, I wish we would get some more rain (although not today, as we have an outdoor project going on). I hope you will enjoy your new books.

I have finally posted a review, after a long break. I hope you and your readers will stop by. Have a great week!

8. November 9, 2015 10:25 am

Great additions…A Dictionary of Mutual Understanding looks really good!

9. November 9, 2015 10:29 am

The Things We Keep sounds like a heartbreaking read but I’m intrigued. The Candlewick Christmas books look cute! Enjoy! Hope the rain stops soon or you could send some my way.

10. November 9, 2015 10:42 am

These are all new to me.I need to find a few Christmas books to put on my December list. Happy reading!

11. November 9, 2015 10:57 am

I like the look of the ‘Jingle Bells’ book. My daughter is obsessed with Christmas so we are reading a lot of Christmas books right now.

12. November 9, 2015 11:22 am

I have The Things We Keep and can’t wait to start reading it…I am curious about Like Family. Enjoy your books…and thanks for visiting my blog.

13. November 9, 2015 12:04 pm

I finished A Dictionary of Mutual Understanding this weekend. I hope you like it! I ended up picking up a nonfiction book about the atomic bomb after finishing it despite my craving for Christmas novels. I just couldn’t bring myself to read something so light after Copleton’s novel.

14. November 9, 2015 12:31 pm

Like Family appeals to me–happy reading!

15. November 9, 2015 2:34 pm

Christmas shopping is very far off my radar!

16. November 9, 2015 3:20 pm

I got The Things We Keep as well.

17. November 9, 2015 3:50 pm

Happy reading

November 9, 2015 4:44 pm

We are getting rain this week, too! I have some of those same sweet books!

19. November 9, 2015 4:56 pm

Hi Kathy,

We are also experiencing one belt of rain after another, sweeping across the country, although there have been some quite decent intervals between and the temperatures are still so mild that no-one is thinking about winter clothes just yet!

You have a great selection of titles again this week, although all of the authors are new to me. ‘The Things We Keep’ is already on my radar, as it was featured on a blog last week and I took a shine to it. Best cover art undoubtedly lies with ‘The Time Chamber’ although I doubt this is one that I would even want to read.

Thanks for sharing your good fortune with us and enjoy the rest of your week 🙂

Yvonne

20. November 9, 2015 9:58 pm

Hope the rain lets up soon! The Things We Keep is one I am very interested in checking out.

21. November 9, 2015 11:11 pm

The Things We Keep is also one I’m looking forward to. I’ve heard about the rain….hope it lets up soon.

22. November 9, 2015 11:12 pm

What a nice variety of titles! Yes that rains seems to be sweeping through northwest Florida and heading north. This weekend brought in the cold with it.
    I love the title The Penguin Lessons. Enjoy all of your books.

23. November 10, 2015 6:04 am

How ever do you keep up? Maybe all those rainy days are conducive to reading? I think the weather pattern has shifted up north to us, as it looks like we’re in for a few rainy days this week. I have one night at home this week and plan to use it to read! I received a review copy of Joshilyn Jackson’s The Opposite of Everyone — the first of hers that I’m finally reading!

24. November 10, 2015 10:25 am

The Things We Keep appeals to me. Wonder if the author is as good as Lisa Genova with this sort of storyline?

25. November 10, 2015 5:32 pm

Too Many Toys is a book my youngest grandson and granddaughter need to read and could have written. They both have way too many toys.

26. November 11, 2015 4:54 am

Awesome books. I’m looking forward to the Sally Hepworth!

27. Beth F permalink
    November 11, 2015 9:10 am

I’m not ready for holiday books!

28. November 11, 2015 12:25 pm

I like the idea of coloring books that are for adults too. . . a nice diversion from the ordinary.

November 13, 2015 9:07 am

LIKE FAMILY was sooooo good!

30. November 13, 2015 9:16 pm

I can totally relate to SO MANY TOYS! Why do you think we got Gage kittens for his birthday last month? 😉

31. The Cue Card permalink
    November 15, 2015 7:27 pm

So glad you let me know that Paolo Giordano has a new book coming out! Liked his book The Solitude of Prime Numbers. Like Family seems worth checking out!