Mailbox Monday

October 12, 2015

Mailbox Monday October 12

Welcome to Mailbox Monday, a meme started by Marcia, and now hosted on its own blog.   Last week was a tough one for me – I’ve been dealing with an ongoing issue with my eyes and also had a flair up of a virus that has been dormant for a while in my left eye.  When I saw the ophthalmologist, I couldn’t read the largest letters on the chart with my left eye, with my glasses on.  Needless to say, I wasn’t able to read much last week.  I found these books in my mailbox last week:

Tuesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

What did you find in your mailbox last week?

1. October 12, 2015 5:42 am

I hope your vision is improving and you can get stuck into some of those great reads soon 🙂

2. Beth F permalink
    October 12, 2015 5:56 am

I’ve already cooked something from that cookbook! So sorry to hear about your eyes.

3. October 12, 2015 7:06 am

Hope you feel better soon.

4. October 12, 2015 7:27 am

Fates and Furies is on my TBR list. I’m sorry to hear about your eyes, I hope it gets better soon.

5. Sarah's Book Shelves permalink
    October 12, 2015 7:51 am

Haha – are you going to read the Kardashian book?! I watched an episode and a half of Keeping Up With the Kardashians last night…
    And – I’ll be really interested to see what you think of Fates & Furies if you decide to give that a go. I felt really conflicted about it.

6. October 12, 2015 8:04 am

Do hope your eyes improve fast.

7. October 12, 2015 8:45 am

Wow, here’s hoping your vision improves soon! Hang in there…meanwhile, anticipate the lovely books you have. I keep seeing Fates and Furies and Dumplin’ all around. Enjoy! Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

8. October 12, 2015 10:03 am

Oh my gosh, I hope your vision gets better soon! I can’t imagine not being able to see very well. I’m sure it affects your driving as well! I’m a sucker for cookbooks, so THE CHEF NEXT DOOR sounds great!

9. October 12, 2015 10:04 am

Oh no, sorry to hear about what’s been going on with your eyes! Hope that your ophthalmologist gets things worked out soon. I have Fates and Furies on hold at the library. The cookbook looks good! Enjoy Dumplin’ 🙂

10. lemon123 permalink
    October 12, 2015 12:13 pm

Yes, someone else had a copy of Host on their blog. Would like to read your review about that one.

11. lemon123 permalink
    October 12, 2015 12:14 pm

Sorry to hear about the eye problems. Hope you get well soon.

12. October 12, 2015 12:16 pm

How awful to hear the eye problem is back! Hope you get good medical care this time!

13. Diane permalink
    October 12, 2015 12:41 pm

I enjoy Robin Cook; lucky you – hope you enjoy the HOST.

14. October 12, 2015 1:35 pm

I want to try a Robin Hook, maybe I will get to one next year. Hoping your sight improves, a little scary.

15. October 12, 2015 1:42 pm

Warm Bodies, Fates and Furies look great. I’m not a fan of those Kardashian’s. I hope the flare up of the eye virus doesn’t last long and you can get back to reading

16. October 12, 2015 2:41 pm

ENJOY all of your books. Warm Bodies looks good…well they all do.

Have a great week. Can you believe it is again Monday already?

Giveaways happening on my blog for THE SILENT SISTER and also EVERYTHING SHE FORGOT beginning October 6 until October 13.

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

17. October 12, 2015 2:52 pm

Hope your eye gets better quickly!
    I’ll probably have to return Fates and Furies to the library unread…maybe I’ll just buy a copy of my own.

18. October 12, 2015 2:52 pm

I hope your vision gets better soon, so you can enjoy your new books.

October 12, 2015 3:56 pm

Oh no! So sorry about your eye! You should not read the Kim Kardashian book…just as a protest against all things Kardashian! Take care! I hope you can see this week!

20. October 12, 2015 4:02 pm

Kardashian…ahem..yay, no

21. October 12, 2015 4:40 pm

Happy reading!

22. October 12, 2015 7:09 pm

Looks like a good stack of books. Happy Reading!

23. October 12, 2015 8:49 pm

Happy Reading, and hopefully your eyes will get better.

24. October 12, 2015 9:27 pm

Sorry about the eye issues. Hope they are resolved quickly.

25. October 12, 2015 10:55 pm

So sorry about your eyes, I have similar issues that shut down or slowdown my reading from time to time. That’s when I appreciate being able to enlarge the font on an ereader! I’ll read that Kim Kardashian book if you don’t want to, she fascinates me!

26. October 12, 2015 11:39 pm

Kathy, I hope your eye(s) are better soon. Have a wonderful week.

October 13, 2015 9:19 am

I just reviewed FATES AND FURIES today and loved it!

28. October 13, 2015 11:12 am

I hope your eyes are better soon, for a reader that is a scary thing. I looked thru the cookbook and found really simple usable recipes! I know you’re anxious to read KIM…hmmmm, I have few words.
    Take are!

29. October 13, 2015 11:32 am

Oh no, I hope your eye issues are resolved quickly! That sounds scary.
    I almost bought The Chef Next Door at BAM on Sunday, but decided to read a few reviews on it first. Can’t wait to see what you think of it.

30. October 13, 2015 11:33 am

I hope your eyes improve soon! Looks like a great stack of books, especially The Chef Next Door.

31. October 13, 2015 4:50 pm

Eye problems are scary. I panic whenever mine flair up. Thank goodness for audiobooks -they take away the temptation to try and read.

Host is going on my to-read list. Haven’t read a Robin Cook thriller in a while.

32. October 14, 2015 7:00 am

I hope your vision gets better. They can be annoying and scary. Hope you get to read soon! I am going through eye problems as well – after my eye checkup two weeks ago, they gave me a different brand pair because the one I use has been discontinued. Ever since, I haven’t been able to see properly. Everything is just blurry. So annoying!

33. October 14, 2015 7:35 pm

I hope your eyes are doing better! I’m going to have to tell my daughter about the Warm Bodies books.

34. October 14, 2015 9:14 pm

I can’t think of anything worse than that Kardashian book. tell me you’re going to use it as a door stopper, or to start a fire in winter 🙂

35. October 15, 2015 1:20 am

I’ll be interested on your take of FATES AND FURIES.

36. October 15, 2015 3:27 am

So sorry about your eyes! 😦 I hope you’re feeling better by now. I’ve been wanting to read Fates and Furies and Dumplin, so I’ll be looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them.
    Happy reading!

37. October 19, 2015 8:32 pm

I’m so sorry about your eye, that sounds terrible! I can’t think of anything that would compel me to read a book about any Kardashian.