A (Dull) Day in the Life

March 28, 2015

Day-in-the-Life-Event

When Trish first brought up her Day in the Life event, my first thought was that my life is far too dull to write about but as I read everyone else’s posts, I realized that the ordinary is what makes these posts so wonderful.  At Trish’s urging, I decide to chronicle Friday, March 27.

7:45ish – Carl and I walked three miles.  We usually get up at 7AM to walk but they were predicting 100% chance of rain at the time so we decided not to set our clock.  We woke up around 7:45 and saw that the ground was wet  and it was cloudy but it wasn’t raining so we decided to risk it.  We were glad we did because it didn’t rain at all.

8:45 – 10:15 – Checked email, read blogs, and ate breakfast.

10:15 – 10:45 – Showered, put on make-up, and got dressed.

10:45 – 11:45 – Did household chores, changed a doctor’s appointment, printed out April calendar, dried hair, and wrote a quick blog post.

12:00 – 2:00 – Went to work at Carl and Vance’s store.  I’m the one who keeps the back organized and I’ve been gone most of the week so I had catch up work to do.

2:00 – 3:15 – Went to a local brewery with Carl.  He’s going to try growing some hops and wanted to talk to them about it.

3:15 – 4:15 – Went out to eat with Carl.  We had what we call “lupper” – one meal instead of lunch and supper.

4:30 – 7:30 – Back to the store to work some more – this time stocking shelves and waiting on customers.

7:30 – 8:20 – Called my mom to check on her.

8:20 – 8:45 – Checked email, read a few blogs, and worked on this post.

8:45 – 10:30 – Watched basketball – it is March Madness after all.

10:30 – 10:45 – Shut down computer and got ready for bed.

10:45 – Lights out.

You’ll notice I didn’t list reading anywhere – I did read in snatches and listened to an audio book in the car but, for the most part, I get very little reading done over the weekend.  I hope this didn’t bore you too much!

1. March 28, 2015 5:19 am

LOl lupper

2. March 28, 2015 5:38 am

Kipper is very often what I have! Thanks for the innovative name. It was a very full day btw.

3. March 28, 2015 6:55 am

Oh I bet I could outdo you on “dull” LOL. But mine would add: every two hours: snack. I love “lupper.” We say “brunkie” for breakfast plus lunch!

4. March 28, 2015 7:24 am

I love this post idea and I’m very nosy, I guess! I think it must be fun to work in the store, though! I’ve started going to a small liquor store for my necessities (!) and talking with the proprietor a little. I enjoy the thought that I’m supporting a mom and pop operation!

5. March 28, 2015 8:37 am

It was not dull. We do the “lupper” thing too or we just eat early for supper/dinner. Our day starts at 5 (hubby leaves early to beat traffic and then comes home earlier than he used to) and we are now on “old people” time. Early to bed, early to rise. LOL

6. March 28, 2015 9:25 am

Nop, not dull at all! No way. It’s amazing how when you start tracking your day, you find there are actually a ton of things you do and your day isn’t as boring as you thought it was.

7. March 28, 2015 10:00 am

It’s interesting how interesting that was, without any dramatic events. I thing this was a good idea Trish had and that you followed up on.

8. March 28, 2015 10:33 am

But see–I learned things about you through this! I didn’t know that you sometimes worked in the store with Carl and Vance. Even if nothing HUGE happened, it sounds like a really lovely day. And I’m impressed by the 3 miles. I’m so glad you decided to type out your day Kathy. 🙂

9. Beth Hoffman permalink
    March 28, 2015 10:51 am

Love the term “Lupper” … Ha!

10. March 28, 2015 10:56 am

If we have brunch, why not “lupper”? Love that term. I often feel like eating at that time…especially if I’ve had my yogurt around 11:00 a.m. Good idea to have the early combo.

I like reading about those ordinary moments…thanks!

11. March 28, 2015 11:06 am

Not dull at all!

March 28, 2015 11:20 am

I loved reading about your day, too, it inspired me to do my own! But then once I read mine…I got depressed! Lol!

13. March 28, 2015 11:37 am

Sounds like a great day with plenty of variety! Thanks for sharing your day!

Sue

Book By Book

14. March 28, 2015 12:32 pm

Super fun idea, and you did a great job tracking your day! I like the concept of lupper, too!

15. Irene McKenna permalink
    March 28, 2015 6:22 pm

Wow! You began your day by walking 3 miles. You are my new hero. 🙂

Lupper (or “linner” as it is known in my household) is my very favorite meal. Who feels like cooking in the evening after a long day?

16. March 28, 2015 6:46 pm

lupper…great idea! Might sound exciting to you but certainly a lot going on there.

17. March 28, 2015 7:05 pm

Thats great! I was planning on doing this and then I forgot about it!

18. Literary Feline permalink
    March 28, 2015 9:04 pm

I love that you and Carl walk together in the mornings. Maybe when my husband is off at his regular time again, we can start going in the evenings again before it gets too hot. He’s only getting of a half hour later than normal, but it makes a huge different. And, no, your day wasn’t dull out all! I enjoyed reading about your day, Kathy! Thank you for sharing.

19. March 28, 2015 9:58 pm

This isn’t dull at all!! I think it’s great that you devote time to the store but also make time for things that are important to you, like walking and blogging! I feel like I got to know you better through this. ☺

20. March 29, 2015 7:40 am

I don’t find that boring at all. I love ordinary lives and find them so much more interesting! Sounds like the store is going well!!!!

21. March 29, 2015 8:40 am

I neglected to mention how I love how you start your day with a walk with your husband. What a nice way to start a day! Your day sounds absolutely lovely!

22. March 29, 2015 8:49 am

I’m enjoying these posts – several have come through my reader! You had a busy day so I can see why there’s not much time for reading. We’ve been caught up with March Madness as well.

23. March 29, 2015 12:22 pm

Not dull at all! Your walks sound like the perfect way to start the day. We are going to have lupper today too 🙂

24. March 29, 2015 12:31 pm

Very nice…love your day and “lupper.”

Enjoy today.

25. March 29, 2015 12:49 pm

I don’t think your day was dull. I like that it started out with a walk and that you got to spend time at the store. Love the word lupper. I eat lupper all the time and didn’t even know it had a name! I’m going to use it often. I hope you have a great week Kathy!

26. March 29, 2015 1:39 pm

What a fun post! Days that sounds boring when we’re doing them are usually interesting to others. I like lupper too. Sometimes we do the early dinner thing, and then I worry we’re turning into our parents! (Not that it’s a bad thing! 🙂 )

27. March 29, 2015 3:35 pm

sounds like a busy day.

28. joyweesemoll permalink
    March 29, 2015 4:18 pm

Love lupper. That sounds like it was perfect for your day!

29. March 29, 2015 4:41 pm

My husband would walk with me if I got up early! So hard for this night owl to do that. We eat lupper all the time! Our kids tease us that old people eat lupper.

30. Diane permalink
    March 29, 2015 6:30 pm

LOL — May days are rather boring except when I’m entertaining little one, or being entertained I should say. Work is also boring!!

31. March 29, 2015 6:51 pm

I want to know about the hops! I think it would be cool to grow hops – let me know everything. (and am I the only one that didn’t know about you having a store? what kind of store?)

32. booksnyc permalink
    March 29, 2015 8:22 pm

My friends and I alternated between calling it lupper and linner! I like how you start the day with a 3 mile walk – explains all those steps I see on fitbit!

33. March 29, 2015 9:10 pm

It’s so nice that you’re close to your son. I feel like that’s increasingly rare, with adult children.

34. March 29, 2015 10:20 pm

i’m so impressed with your daily 3 miles AND that Carl walks it with you! What a great way to stay in shape, together! And dull? Not a chance! As an objective outsider I can see that you are close to your husband, son and mother; you are fantastic at staying up to date with other blogs; AND you can churn out a blog post in under an hour {what????} I’m impressed with your day in the life!

35. March 29, 2015 10:22 pm

That is so incredibly cool that you and Carl start the day together with a walk.

36. March 29, 2015 11:49 pm

You write fast! It seems like it takes me half a day to finish a blog post sometimes.

37. Teddyree permalink
    March 30, 2015 2:30 am

I’ve loved reading these posts … not dull at all, I must be a sticky beak lol. Oh my, impressed with your blog writing skills, it can take me 3-4 hours to write a book review lol.

38. March 30, 2015 11:39 am

I used to love having lupper…but with kiddo that’s a bit impossible. She’s hungry at the regular intervals and eats then, so we do too for the most part. I should have done one of these but alas, no time!

39. March 30, 2015 4:20 pm

I love that you and Carl walk together. The dog’s usually my only company, David and Amber always seem to have something better to do. 😦

40. March 30, 2015 10:11 pm

It’s a perfect day! I love lupper too! I think since we are kid free, we should do lupper now.

41. March 30, 2015 10:46 pm

Not dull at all. You exercised, worked, blogged and spent time with Carl. Sounds perfect to me. 🙂

42. April 1, 2015 6:26 pm

I like this post – and the idea of it. Its a nice way to know more about your life beyond the books you read and new words you’ve discovered.

43. April 2, 2015 12:45 am

You are,far,from boring. We always call it linner, late lunch early dinner combo. Getting that walk in early…good for you 😀

44. florinda3rs permalink
    April 3, 2015 5:12 pm

Paul and I frequently do that “one afternoon meal” thing on weekends, but we call it “linner.” (“Lupper” would work for me, but since my husband doesn’t have Southern roots, he eats “dinner” in the evening, not “supper.” :-D)

45. April 3, 2015 7:38 pm

Very cool Kathy. Sounds like a good day to me. Starting a day with a walk is what I do too (with our dog), feels great.

46. April 3, 2015 11:15 pm

I love seeing these posts! Lupper would have to be pretty filling. Jason needs to eat like every 2 or 3 hours.

47. April 4, 2015 10:05 pm

I think you’re right — being ordinary is what makes these posts interesting. I’m glad you decided to share!

48. April 5, 2015 3:10 pm

Not boring, at all! I’ve enjoyed reading all these posts and seeing how others juggle their days. My hubby and I are back to walking every day, but we go after work (before dinner). It’s hard enough to get up at 5 and get to work by 7 without adding a walk into the mix. Wish I could convince my husband to have “luppers.” I’m fine with it, as long as I can nibble on some nuts or cheese & crackers with a glass of wine, but he loves his 3 meals a day. 😉

April 8, 2015 8:22 pm

What a cute idea and a busy day! Mine would involve driving kids and waiting for them!