Mailbox Monday

November 17, 2014

Mailbox Monday November 17

Welcome to Mailbox Monday, a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued, and now hosted on its own blog.   We’re in the process of getting used to a new “normal” around here.  After almost 36 years, Carl has retired from the company that hired him out of college – he’s actually taking vacation now and won’t be officially retired until the end of the month, but his last day of work was Thursday.  It feels both great and just a little bit odd – how can we possibly be old enough for retirement?  I found these books in my mailbox last week:

Monday

Wednesday

Thursday

Saturday

What did you find in your mailbox last week?

1. November 17, 2014 5:48 am

Murder At The Book club is one I am getting as well (or have received…. I haven’t been home in so long who knows what piled await!)

2. November 17, 2014 5:53 am

I love your new to me novels. What a great collection. Murder at the Book Club – who could resist that title?

3. November 17, 2014 6:26 am

Very nice haul. Enjoy them all.

4. November 17, 2014 7:42 am

What book lover could resist Murder at the Book Group 🙂

5. November 17, 2014 7:48 am

I love Deborah Crombie!

6. November 17, 2014 8:07 am

Wow! Your husband is one of the lucky ones who stayed with the same company throughout! I’m sure this is a bittersweet moment for you! I hope you guys enjoy your retirement!

7. November 17, 2014 8:19 am

Hope you both enjoy retirement! We’re flirting with some big changes, too… nothing definite for us now, just a “trial run” coming up this winter.

Murder at the Book Group sounds like fun!

8. November 17, 2014 8:53 am

Congrats on your hubby’s retirement! Mine asks me almost every day when he will be able to retire. 🙂 We’re looking at about 3 1/2 more years, but I know those days will fly quickly. I will continue to work once he’s retired, but hopefully I’ll be able to take more time off so we can do some traveling.

9. November 17, 2014 9:19 am

Congratulations to Carl on his retirement and for staying with the same company for 36 years! What an accomplishment. Good Luck as you get used to your new normal. Enjoy all of your new books!

10. November 17, 2014 10:50 am

We got a few of the same, but I’m thinking that MURDER AT THE BOOK GROUP looks good!

11. November 17, 2014 11:09 am

These are all new to me….I’m curious about Dirty Chick. LOL

Enjoy, and thanks for visiting my blog!

12. November 17, 2014 11:50 am

These are all new to me. Enjoy!

13. November 17, 2014 1:05 pm

Hi Kathy,

I hope that both Carl and yourself enjoy retired life, although I am sure that the changes in daily routine will take some getting used to 🙂

He has done very well to stay with the same company for all those years, I used to think that my brother was the only one in that enviable position (he has now held positions in the same company for over 35 years), although he is only 52 and is hoping to hold on to his position until retirement!

Didn’t you set up a homebrew business a while back, how is that going?

All of your authors are new to me this week, although I shall be adding Deborah Crombie to my reading list, as characters Kincaid and James, sound like my kind of detectives!

Thanks for sharing and Happy Reading,

Yvonne

14. autumnmiss permalink
    November 17, 2014 1:30 pm

Hi Kathy, These are all new titles for me and i hope you enjoy them. Thanks for visiting me, it means a lot
    Gill X

15. November 17, 2014 2:08 pm

Nice mailbox.

I like Murder at the Book Group. 🙂

ENJOY your reading week.

Elizabeth

16. November 17, 2014 2:16 pm

Well beyond the Deborah Crombie those are all new to me. Murder at the Book Group is a wonderful title.

November 17, 2014 2:53 pm

Yum! I read and loved that Deborah Crombie and I have the book club one, too!

18. November 17, 2014 3:39 pm

How exciting for you! Congrats to Carl on his retirement. You will most likely be busier than before, at least that is what my retired friends tell me! A couple of your books are new to me authors. I like the title Murder at the Book Group. Have a great week.

19. November 17, 2014 3:51 pm

Nice stack of books you have here! All are new to me and I hope you enjoy.Congrats to Carl on his retirement!

20. November 17, 2014 3:58 pm

Congratulations to Carl on his retirement, 36 years for one company is quite an accomplishment!

I hope you enjoy your books, I’ve chosen two of them as my picks for Books That Caught Our Eye on Wednesday!

21. November 17, 2014 4:04 pm

Happy reading 😀

22. November 17, 2014 4:17 pm

Congrats! on your husband’s retirement, enjoy it!

23. November 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Happy retirement!!! Life is off into a new phase 🙂 Enjoy!

24. November 17, 2014 7:02 pm

Congrats to your husband, Kathy! Maybe he will review some books for your blog, in his “extra” time. Enjoy your new books. They are new to me as of yet today. 🙂

25. November 17, 2014 7:21 pm

Happy birthday Kathy and congratulations to your husband on a job well done. If your experience is anything like ours, you’ll find new challenges in your marriage as you spend a whole lot more time together. It took a while for us, but we adjusted. We try to arrange some time every week for each of us to have some alone time. We come back together happy to see each other.

26. Beth F permalink
    November 18, 2014 10:13 am

Murder at the Book Club looks great!

27. November 18, 2014 2:02 pm

really need to look into book group mysteries!!

28. November 19, 2014 12:29 am

Wow, 36 years at the same company. I never worked anywhere that stayed in business that long.

Murder at the Book Group is a catchy title.

29. November 19, 2014 7:18 am

I just reread your mailbox post. Congrats to Carl. Our lives are very similar to yours right now. My husband retired this fall after 27 years with the same company. He’s considering doing some consulting. Seriously, how are we at this point 🙂 Here’s to a new normal!