Mailbox Monday

November 3, 2014

Mailbox Monday November 3

Welcome to Mailbox Monday, a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued, and now hosted on its own blog.   Last week was crazy here.  The store was busy so I worked quite a bit and ended up with a cold.  Then, we woke up Saturday morning to see snow on the ground.  On November 1. In South Carolina.  That’s just wrong on so many levels.   I found these books in my mailbox last week:

Monday

Wednesday

Thursday

What did you find in your mailbox last week?

1. Beth F permalink
    November 3, 2014 5:56 am

I got a few of the same as you. I can’t believe that we’re already getting 2015 books!

2. November 3, 2014 6:03 am

Some lovely reads there! That snow is super early. It’s only just stopped snowing in snow areas here!

3. November 3, 2014 6:53 am

We had a dusting of snow but it’s kind of expected in my area. Hope your early snow isn’t a sign of things to come! Enjoy your new books.

4. November 3, 2014 7:18 am

Can’t believe you got snow over the weekend and we didn’t! The new Jane Green looks good.

5. November 3, 2014 7:32 am

I love books that have that “P.S.” section in them!

6. November 3, 2014 7:47 am

Snow???? Yikes!

7. November 3, 2014 8:02 am

A new Patricia Cornwell – thanks for the update.

8. Beth Hoffman permalink
    November 3, 2014 8:57 am

Snow? I know how much you must have loved THAT! lol

9. ondbookshelf permalink
    November 3, 2014 10:13 am

I’m looking forward to the Jane Green book! We have a beach house in Myrtle Beach, and my husband was down there this weekend. No snow there, but he said it was awful…..cold and rainy.

10. November 3, 2014 10:43 am

The Pocket Wife is on my list…enjoy your new books. I LOVED Saving Grace…hope you do, too, and thanks for visiting my blog.

11. November 3, 2014 11:00 am

My cousin’s daughter got married in SC on Saturday and they woke up to snow too. Not part of their wedding plans but they made it work. I guess that means winter is on the way whether we are ready or not! I’m curious about THE POCKET WIFE, such an interesting title.

12. November 3, 2014 11:05 am

I received Saving Grace too. The Pocket Wife seems to be making the rounds this week.

13. November 3, 2014 11:36 am

Snow?! Wow, I think you beat us 🙂

14. November 3, 2014 12:07 pm

Cripes! Snow already! That is crazy!! Stay warm and enjoy those reads 🙂 I’m excited to read your thoughts on the Jane Green novel – I love her books!

15. November 3, 2014 1:06 pm

We had some of the white stuff too, but it did not stick around. Looking forward to Jane Green’s book.

16. November 3, 2014 1:24 pm

Hi Kathy,

The weather here in the UK has been crazy, with temperatures more like Spring and some beautifully sunny days. Spring bulbs are already shooting and flowering and the birds are carrying on the dawn chorus at some ridiculous hour! Unfortunately, I do believe that today has seen the turning point and we have been well and truly plunged into Autumn, with the temperatures taking a sudden downturn and people reaching for their warmer clothes!

A couple of fellow bloggers and myself have had some pretty interesting exchanges with the author of ‘The Pocket Wife’, Susan Crawford, about her idea for the book’s title, so this one is already on my ‘Want To Read’ list.

Whilst any Patricia Cornwell book has to be a definite addition to my list and the premise for ‘Flesh And Blood’ does sound so good!

Thanks for sharing and enjoy all your reads. I hope that you get some quality ‘me time’ this week, although of course, it is good to know that business is going well for you and long may it continue that way!

Yvonne

17. November 3, 2014 2:40 pm

Nice stack! I hope it gets warmer in your area soon!

18. November 3, 2014 3:02 pm

I am so not ready for winter! Enjoy the new books.

November 3, 2014 3:20 pm

Well now…I just got quite a few of those! I can not wait to start The Pocket Wife!

20. November 3, 2014 3:31 pm

The Pocket Wife sounds very good. I’m so behind with Patricia Cornwell’s books and I’m not even sure how many I have yet to read… Hope you enjoy your new books!

21. November 3, 2014 3:53 pm

Snow?! I hope you feel better soon. Enjoy your new books, Kathy! I am seeing Saving Grace on a few book blogs this morning.

22. November 3, 2014 4:16 pm

We had very cold temps and wind, no snow yet. I received three of the books that were on your list, anxious to read Pocket Wife. Hope you feel better.

23. November 3, 2014 4:34 pm

My friend said they had snow on their way home from Florida to Ohio on Saturday! Sure would be nice if I could see some!

Enjoy your books!

24. November 3, 2014 8:41 pm

Oh, the Braggsville book looks so good! Love that cover.

25. November 3, 2014 9:12 pm

So many good books! And wow, snow already! Hope this week is a little less hectic for you.

26. November 4, 2014 12:01 am

Two titles from your list caught my attention right away even though I’ve never heard of the books. I had to go look them up. The Pocket Wife and Swimming with Warlords. Both sound good.

I haven’t read a Patricia Cornwell book in ages. I gave up on her books, but used to be a big Scarpetta fan.

27. November 4, 2014 12:25 am

I received The Pocket Wife today, and I’m hoping to read the new Jane Green too. Snow so early. Wild!!

November 4, 2014 7:15 am

You had a way better week than I did. I only have Jane Green book and they all look so good!

29. November 4, 2014 4:12 pm

I’ve always wondered if I should give Patricia Cornwell a go. Enjoy these!

30. November 4, 2014 8:12 pm

happy reading.

31. November 4, 2014 11:49 pm

We got a couple of the same books last week. I didn’t know there was another Scarpetta novel already. Cornwell writes them faster than I can read them. Snow… ugh. We haven’t had any of that yet.

32. swright9 permalink
    November 9, 2014 5:56 pm

I wonder what Patricia Cornwell is doing with her books these days. I haven’t read one in years but perhaps she’s still compelling?