Mailbox Monday

September 1, 2014

Mailbox Monday September 1

Welcome to Mailbox Monday, a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued, and now hosted on its own blog.    I’m back from a great visit with my mom and now I’m trying to catch up around the house and on the blog.  Here are the books that showed up in my mailbox:

Monday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

What did you find in your mailbox last week?

1. September 1, 2014 4:33 am

I’ve read the Matthew Thomas book. All the others are new to me. Enjoy them all.

2. September 1, 2014 7:07 am

Nice pile! I have the John Grisham somewhere (my mum leant it to me, better figure out where it is)! I hope you get caught up with all your tasks this week 🙂

3. September 1, 2014 7:57 am

I like every book in your stash! You have some great reading this fall. I read every Grisham book, except his latest three. Enjoy your new books!

4. September 1, 2014 8:45 am

I like John Grisham, I think this will be on my wish list. Tried your link and it doesn’t seem to be working

September 1, 2014 9:11 am

Here us my checklist…read and loved loved loved We Are Not Ourselves. Just got the Stuart Neville one and the John Grisham one…heroes are My Weakness looks really good! Enjoy!

6. Techeditor permalink
    September 1, 2014 9:16 am

I see you received THE DROP last week. Me too, and that’s the book I’m reading right now. Did you know that it is actually not new? It was a short story he wrote for another book that was a collection of short stories written by various authors. Then it had a different title: ANIMAL RESCUE. I was hoping that this book would be a return to the Dennis Lehane I have loved over the years. it is actually a little boring, except the part about the dog. I am a sucker for animal stories.

7. September 1, 2014 9:36 am

Looking forward to reading The Drop and Heroes Are My Weakness., The Final Silence looks like another good mystery from Soho.
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

8. September 1, 2014 9:36 am

Ooh a new Dennis Lehane, and We are not Ourselves also sounds very interesting.

9. September 1, 2014 10:15 am

Do you read Grisham? I gave up on him (except for a couple of novellas) way back when he wrote The Firm. He did such a good job and then botched the last 30 pages so badly that I swore him off. I never backed off that position,despite his enormous popularity.

10. September 1, 2014 11:02 am

I loved We Are Not Ourselves…and I want the others on your stack! Haven’t read Grisham in a while…it’s time! And I’ve been ogling The Drop. I have some of Sheehy’s other books…Enjoy your reading…and thanks for visiting my blog.

11. September 1, 2014 11:06 am

Heroes are my Weakness is a popular one in mailboxes this week. I think my mailman must have lost my copy-ha! I hear good things about We are Not Ourselves and need to listen to it soon. Enjoy all your new books, Kathy!

12. September 1, 2014 11:11 am

wow, quite a generous mailman, lol, enjoy!

13. Beth Hoffman permalink
    September 1, 2014 11:44 am

I read “Sycamore Row” and liked it, and I can’t wait to read “We Are Not Ourselves” – the others are all new to me. Happy reading!

14. September 1, 2014 11:55 am

Heroes Are My Weakness seems to be one in a lot of people’s mailboxes this week. It’s one I hadn’t heard of before, but I’m starting to get intrigued. Happy reading!

15. September 1, 2014 12:23 pm

You always get a great selection of books!

16. September 1, 2014 12:28 pm

Enjoy Kathy. Quite a few new to me titles that I will have to check out.

17. September 1, 2014 1:06 pm

We Are Not Ourselves and Heroes Are My Weakness both sound fabulous.

Thanks for visiting The Busy Mom’s Daily. I appreciate it.

18. September 1, 2014 3:32 pm

You received some big titles. ENJOY!!!

19. September 1, 2014 3:36 pm

Happy reading 😀

20. September 1, 2014 3:43 pm

I’ve wanted to try Dennis Lehane for a while but I still haven’t got around to it. Thanks for stopping by.

21. September 1, 2014 4:25 pm

All new to me. I will look forward to your reviews. Enjoy!!

2 Kids and Tired Books MM

22. September 1, 2014 4:27 pm

Glad you had a great visit with your mom. I see a couple of books that are on my TBR list and hope to get to them soon.

23. September 1, 2014 7:58 pm

Welcome back and happy reading. I’m a fan of Dennis Lehane’s.

24. September 1, 2014 9:21 pm

Nice to have a good visit with your mom.
    Hey we have one in common: I picked Heros Are My Weakness up at Audible. 🙂
    Lots of other good books too. Happy Reading!

25. September 1, 2014 11:23 pm

Nice stack of books to come back to. Everyone’s loving We Are Not Ourselves. Now I’m thinking I shouldn’t have passed on that review copy!

26. September 2, 2014 12:49 am

Great selection! I have heard a lot of good buzz for We Are Not Ourselves already, and it’s very high on my wishlist. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it!

27. September 2, 2014 12:50 am

Hi Kathy,

Another great haul of books this week, most of which would probably sit quite nicely on my own shelves, with the exception of just a couple.

My eye is particularly drawn to the last three, especially the Stuart Neville, who is a new author to me and one I think I shall be following with interest now. John Grisham and Dennis Lehane are two authors I haven’t read for a while now, as their books began to get a little ‘samey’, but for you to have all three in the one stack makes me want to pick them up and start reading!

Yvonne

28. September 2, 2014 7:14 am

Hope u love We Are Not Ourselves as much as I did Kathy.

29. September 2, 2014 9:17 am

Nice mix of books, Kathy. Enjoy!

30. September 2, 2014 10:57 am

Nice variety this week. Lehane is a good author!

31. September 2, 2014 1:50 pm

I’ve read many positive comments about We Are Not Ourselves. I will look forward to reading your thoughts.

32. September 2, 2014 3:40 pm

Enjoy! your mailbox, a few caught my eye.

33. September 2, 2014 3:44 pm

We Are Not Ourselves is amazing… but, brace yourself for the emotional toll it takes.

34. September 2, 2014 8:02 pm

I received We Are Not Ourselves, as apparently did the rest of the blogging world. But, I’d also really like to read Dennis LeHane’s newest book. Shutter Island was unforgettable.

35. September 2, 2014 8:05 pm

Surprisingly, these are all new titles to me! Enjoy them, Kathy! 🙂

September 3, 2014 9:15 am

Ooooh! Another Lola book?

37. September 3, 2014 12:36 pm

Gail Sheeky’s original Passages had a big impact on me. I’m now curious about what looks like a look back at her original work. Also – Sycamore Row is a good old John Grisham story that you’ll love if you liked his first book. Enjoy.

38. September 3, 2014 9:30 pm

We Are Not Ourselves!

39. September 4, 2014 12:01 pm

I hope you like Susan Elizabeth Phillips (SEP). She’s been a favorite for a long time. But I do like romance better than you…