March 12, 2014

My first word this week came from Tampa by Alissa Nutting.

1. puerile – “Puerile buoyancy no longer poured from him like an energy source.”

Puerile means juvenile or childish.

_____________________________________________________

Stochasticity_Grapefruit_Slam_IPA_22OZ_BTL_1024x1024

My second word comes from a beer label.

2. stochastic Stone Brewing has come out with a beer named Stochasticity Project and I thought that name required some investigating.

Stochastic means random or involving chance or probability.

_____________________________________________________

I’ve seen my third word on several blogs.  Unfortunately, I didn’t write down where I saw it first so I’m not going to try to list names.

3. zentangle – Several bloggers have mentioned zentangle books they’ve received or purchased.

According to zentangle.com, “The Zentangle Method is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.”  You can see lots of zentangle videos on YouTube.

_____________________________________________________

What words do you want to celebrate today?

1. March 12, 2014 6:21 am

I had to study stochasticity in school so unfortunately I got to know what it was very well!

2. March 12, 2014 7:51 am

I have heard puerile but not the other words, thank you for extending my vocabulary 🙂

3. March 12, 2014 9:18 am

Thanks for sharing your words and hosting this meme. I love books that teach me or expose me to new words.
    Puerile was familiar but I couldn’t have given a definition, Stochasticity is all new to me, but I’m going to look to see if I can find the beer you featured, and zentangle is a word that has been used recently in the quilting world, but I was not sure of the definition either. Thanks again.

4. March 12, 2014 9:36 am

I looked up puerile last night too!

5. March 12, 2014 9:45 am

Hurray! I actually knew one – actually knew the definition before seeing reading it. Do wonders never cease. The other 2 were complete unknowns, but I’m hanging on to puerile.

6. March 12, 2014 10:08 am

How cool that one of your words came off a Stone beer! The brewer there is a friend of mine and I think he would be pleased that their beer made someone go look up a word,

7. Beth Hoffman permalink
    March 12, 2014 10:38 am

Stochastic had me totally stumped!

8. talesofwhimsy permalink
    March 12, 2014 11:07 am

zentangle? I would never have guessed that. Thanks for teaching me something new.

9. March 12, 2014 11:32 am

I don’t drink beer, but my husband and his friends do and some have the most interesting names.

10. March 12, 2014 11:52 am

Puerile is not what I thought it would be- but I’m glad I know it now, as I can use it to put down all the puerile comments that go on in my house. Stochastic is also very fun. Thanks Kathy!

11. March 12, 2014 1:04 pm

Hi Kathy,

I only know one of your words this week, ‘peurile’.

Both of the others are new to me and I had great fun looking up the Zentangle site. I could be tempted to give this a try.

We have many micro breweries around this part of the country, so I am used to seeing beers and lagers with weird and wonderful names, but your find has to be one of the most innovative I have come across!

Thanks for sharing and hosting thi excellent meme,

Yvonne

12. March 12, 2014 1:27 pm

Stone Brewing Co. started in my neck of the woods! They give their brews some interesting names. I will need to investigate zetangle.

Kathy, I can’t do this meme today, but here is yesterday’s featured word from my desk calendar: auriferous. It means containing gold. 🙂

13. March 12, 2014 1:34 pm

Puerile is a word that I can definitely use!

14. March 12, 2014 2:49 pm

I love that you found a new word on a beer bottle. I think the brewing company must employ someone who is a good word-nerd. I like it. (It seems like this is the second new word you found on a beer bottle. Your eyes are spotting words wherever you go.)

March 12, 2014 2:59 pm

I truly love making zentangles…they are relaxing and challenging and fun!I

16. March 12, 2014 3:49 pm

The word purerile somehow reminds me of puberty.

17. March 12, 2014 3:53 pm

All new to me

18. March 12, 2014 4:19 pm

The only one of those I’ve heard of before is “puerile”. 🙂

19. March 12, 2014 4:29 pm

All 3 of the words are new to me, and they’re such fun words to say!

20. swright9 permalink
    March 13, 2014 9:44 pm

I haven’t seen Zentangle yet. Thanks for alerting me

21. March 14, 2014 12:04 pm

Ha I recognize that Grapefruit IPA – Andrew enjoys that beer. Love that you found a word from the label 🙂

22. March 17, 2014 1:44 am

Sorry, I’m late. Very interesting words!

March 29, 2014 7:04 pm

Woo Hoo! I actually knew puerile from my old Latin class.