November 27, 2013

Rather than share new words today, I’m going to highlight one that is bandied about a lot this time of year: gratitude.

grat·i·tude
ˈgratəˌt(y)o͞od/
noun
the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
I think this is a wonderful word and I have much to be thankful for, including my family, my friends, my health, and the blogging community.  The last few years, I’ve made a real effort to see my cup as half full and I think it has made a difference in my life.  This coming year, I’m also going make an effort to be thankful for the small things in life – things like a stranger letting me in traffic, a gorgeous, sunny day, or kisses from a puppy.  I enjoy those things now but don’t always take the time to really be thankful for them.  I hope everyone who reads this has much to be thankful for in their lives.

_____________________________________________________

What words do you want to celebrate today?

1. November 27, 2013 7:07 am

Great idea! And I could go for some puppy kisses myself!

2. Beth Hoffman permalink
    November 27, 2013 9:21 am

Beautiful post, Kathy.

Many years ago, after I survived an illness that nearly took my life, I woke one morning so glad to be alive that I said five words. I still say those five words each morning and they’ve made a difference in my life: “Thank you for this day.”

3. November 27, 2013 10:09 am

Gratitude is the perfect word. I am thankful for so many things, one being able to blog & having such wonderful blogging friends. Thank you for being one I count as very dear to me & the book blogging world! You are a gem in the masses!

4. talesofwhimsy permalink
    November 27, 2013 11:27 am

I love this spin on your feature you today. A grateful really does change ones life doesn’t it? Happy Thanksgiving my sweet friend. Thank you for always being sweet and supportive of your bloggy friends.

5. November 27, 2013 11:32 am

The word I’m celebrating today is patience. We are traveling upstate to spend the weekend with my in-laws and it will be my watchword.

November 27, 2013 1:47 pm

Beautiful…I like reminding myself how simple and lovely life can be…and just being truly joyful and thankful!

7. November 27, 2013 2:30 pm

A beautiful post today Kathy. Very well said. It’s appropriate for me on this day of bustling about with preparations for tomorrow. You made me pause and remember what’s really important. Have a blessed holiday tomorrow.

8. November 27, 2013 2:37 pm

Love this post! No matter how bad someone thinks they have it, there is still so much to be grateful for.

9. November 27, 2013 3:26 pm

The perfect word for Thanksgiving time! Have a lovely Thanksgiving, Kathy!

10. November 28, 2013 3:13 am

Perfect word! And yes, you are right, we should take the time to appreciate the little things. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.

11. November 28, 2013 7:22 am

I also try to make a conscientious effort to see things as half full. I have much to be grateful for and it’s something I make a note of constantly, especially when life can get overwhelming. 🙂

December 2, 2013 6:54 pm

My favorite WWW post yet!