Kid Konnection: Baby Lit board books

May 12, 2012

Baby lit board books are the perfect way to introduce pre-readers to the classics.  These beautifully illustrated board books are bright and colorful and easy to hold.  I was lucky enough to receive two of these gorgeous books – Alice in Wonderland and Jane Eyre.  Both books were written by Jennifer Adams and illustrated by Alison Oliver and they are both gems!

Jane Eyre is a counting primer and uses items from the original Jane Eyre, such as candles and trunks, to illustrate the numbers 1 through 10.  Those familiar with the classic will recognize the items and the few quotes that are included.  Little ones will delight in the drawings and counting the items.

Alice in Wonderland is a fun colors primer that uses illustrations from the classic of the same name.  This is a great book, but I did have a few issues with it.  The orange cat is hard to distinguish from its dark pink background and the blue caterpillar looks more teal than blue.  The illustrations are just adorable, though, so it would be a fabulous book to share with a little one.

I wish there had been books like these when Vance was small because they’ve got to be some of the cutest board books around.  I don’t have any little ones near me to share these books with, but you can bet I’ll be giving them for shower and new baby gifts.  Be sure to check them out the next time you need a gift.

__________________________________________________

For more children’s books reviews, go to Booking Mama’s feature, Kid Konnection. If you’d like to participate in Kid Konnection and share a post about anything related to children’s books (picture, middle grade, or young adult) from the past week, leave a comment as well as a link on her site.

Review copies provided by Gibbs Smith.  I am an Indiebound Affiliate.
  1. Staci@LifeintheThumb permalink
    May 12, 2012 9:18 am

They look adorable! I just may have to buy them for future (wayyyyy) reading material!

May 12, 2012 9:58 am

I can’t get over how cute these are! It makes me sad that my kiddos are too big.

3. talesofwhimsy permalink
    May 12, 2012 10:29 am

OMG I want these SO bad. SO glad you liked them.

4. May 12, 2012 10:37 am

I’ve heard about these and really want to see them! I’ll have to be sure and remember next time I’m at the bookstore.

5. Literary Feline permalink
    May 12, 2012 12:43 pm

I will have to look for these! I would love to share them with Mouse.

6. RebeccaV permalink
    May 12, 2012 1:40 pm

Oh oh – these look great! Thanks for reviewing them – I’ll keep an eye out for some copies for Little E!

7. May 12, 2012 3:12 pm

I’ve got to find a copy of these for my grandson! Love the idea of using the classics to create these board books! thanks for the heads up

8. boardinginmyforties permalink
    May 12, 2012 6:56 pm

Wow, these would make perfect gifts.

9. May 12, 2012 8:40 pm

What an interesting way to get kids interested in the classics. Now Alice in Wonderland I could imagine … but Jane Eyre? That takes some doing!

10. May 12, 2012 9:13 pm

Thank you for showing me these! I had never seen them before. I can’t wait to share my love of literature with my toddler.

I’d love if you’d like to link up to my Teaching Time for Toddlers post.

11. May 13, 2012 8:44 pm

Thanks for posting about these!! Headed off to take a look!

12. May 13, 2012 10:11 pm

I really need to get these!

13. May 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Confession: I got these under the guise that I would be giving them as gifts to a friend who is expecting, but now find I can’t part with them! Though I have no little ones on the horizon, I’m going to store them to read with my own kids down the road. (Way down the road, but still.)

14. May 14, 2012 5:38 pm

I have seen these, and think that they are adorable! I would love to have the Jane Eyre book. It’s so scrumptiously cute!

15. May 16, 2012 2:42 pm

I was wondering what these would be like. They sound cute. I’ll have to keep them in mind for my niece.