Saturday Snapshot

February 25, 2012

Some people think I don’t like snow, but that’s not true at all.  I don’t mind snow, as long as it’s not here.  So far, we’ve had a snowless winter and it’ll be fine by me if it stays that way.  Vance had quite a bit of snow last weekend and he sent me this picture of the Virginia Tech Sheep Center.  He was hoping to catch some sheep outside, but they must have been in the barn, trying to stay warm.  It was still snowing when he took this and he said visibility was poor.

Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Alyce of At Home With Books.  It’s easy to participate – just post a picture that was taken by you, a friend, or a family member and add your link on Alyce’s site.

1. February 25, 2012 10:13 am

They don’t raise any dumb sheep at VA Tech, you know. When it snows, they stay inside. 😀 I always remember how beautiful that campus is.

We finally have snow but not much. Just enough to make it pretty.

2. February 25, 2012 10:20 am

I can’t blame the sheep for staying inside, warm and dry. Good thing too, ever smell wet sheep? Ewwwh. I don’t mind a little snow as long as it melts the next day.

3. February 25, 2012 10:22 am

Wow, that’s pretty snowy for Virginia! Looks more like something from here in Ontario. Although we really haven’t had that much snow this winter either.

4. February 25, 2012 10:22 am

I like snow, in theory. My theory is that if it falls between midnight on Friday and midnight on Saturday on a weekend when I have no plans then it is perfectly lovely. I enjoy looking upon its loveliness from the comfort of my warm house while sipping warm beverages and reading excellent books. Now that I’m a grown-up with a job in healthcare (where there are no snow days), snow on other days of the week is just no fun at all and I have few regrets when I look back on this winter that has been fairly free of much snowfall.

Great picture!

5. February 25, 2012 10:29 am

Sweet picture. Reminds me of the snow we haven’t had this winter in Connecticut. Very welcome after that last year which really overdid it. Your pictures captures the look of snow coming down – no black or white, just shades of gray.

6. February 25, 2012 10:34 am

I’m shivering all the way over here just looking at that picture! Actually, when I’m in a cold country I complain about it endlessly but when I’m back in the BVI, I think ‘wow, wouldn’t it be nice to have more of a change from the unrelenting heat.’ Grass is always greener, eh?

7. kaye permalink
    February 25, 2012 10:38 am

Laughed at your comment about snow “as long as it’s not here” My sentiments exactly! I don’t miss it at all.

8. February 25, 2012 10:38 am

Lol, I’d like snow too if it wasn’t here. It is pretty as long as it’s not on your roads and sidewalks. We are getting hit with a pile of it today. I’ll have some pics tomorrow. Yuck!

9. February 25, 2012 10:45 am

Fortunately, we haven’t had many scenes like that here this year.

10. February 25, 2012 11:02 am

I like snow too…but only bc we don’t usually get any in Mississippi…when it does snow, you’d think it was a national holiday 🙂 Even the adults are outside jumping around in it 😉 We’ve had almost a winterless winter down South this year…Jan. and Feb. are usually our only really cold months, and we’ve had temps into the 70’s and 80’s…crazy, I know 🙂

11. February 25, 2012 11:14 am

Love this photo! I haven’t seen snow in 24 yrs., so love it when I get to see it through photos. I loved snow so much I didn’t even driving in it. In fact, I miss driving through tunnels of snow after the roads were shoveled.

Here’s My Photo

12. February 25, 2012 11:14 am

We usually have plenty of snow here in Northern Wisconsin, but this year has been unusually mild. We are supposed to have a storm come through on Sunday night, so I sure hope this is how my area looks on Monday morning!

13. February 25, 2012 11:20 am

Growing up in Florida, I’ve only seen snow a handful of times. I completely romanticize it.

14. February 25, 2012 11:35 am

Smart sheep. We have had such a mild winter this year and I am not complaining. I feel bad for those that make their living from the snowfall.

15. February 25, 2012 11:41 am

I enjoy seeing it but get over it really quickly, thank goodness I don’t have deal with that. I’m in CT and it snowed just a little. Nice pictures, i’m sure the sheep love the warm too.

16. February 25, 2012 11:43 am

Ha, smart sheep 🙂

17. February 25, 2012 11:46 am

Yes, I like looking at pictures of snow more than actual snow…lol

I do love going to the snow in our nearby mountains…it’s great when you can enjoy it, but not deal with the after effects.

Great shot. Looks VERY cold. And thanks for visiting my “Snowy” blog.

18. February 25, 2012 12:54 pm

It’s so funny to see snow pictures while my kids are running around outside in tshirts and shorts.

19. February 25, 2012 1:10 pm

I quite like snow too, as long as it stays in places I don’t have to go 🙂

20. February 25, 2012 1:42 pm

Nice scenic picture of the barn and snow..smart sheep there in Virginia!

21. February 25, 2012 2:04 pm

We haven’t had much snow either. That’s fine with me. Nice bucolic photo. Here’s Mine

22. February 25, 2012 2:12 pm

It’s so pretty. I do like the snow, but hate to drive in it…. and worry when anyone I know is driving in it. The bad part is–we really need it–for water. It’s going to be a dry summer around here.

23. February 25, 2012 2:23 pm

That is a pretty snow photo, and it’s too bad he didn’t get to see any sheep outside.

24. February 25, 2012 2:23 pm

For me to dislike snow would be silly, I love in the land of snow lol, so yes I love it 😉 But I do wish it would stay like this, cos I hate the mess it makes when it melts

25. February 25, 2012 2:26 pm

It does look peaceful and pretty doesn’t it? We’ve had very little snow here in western NY near Buffalo. That’s usually unheard of! I don’t mind some snow to cover the ground (it’s better than mud) if the roads are clear and winter doesn’t last until June. Two months would be long enough for me, I’m a summer girl!

26. February 25, 2012 2:29 pm

It is lovely…I would kill for snow here…it was 60ish all week long…

27. February 25, 2012 2:40 pm

I feel the same way about snow. It’s nice to look at, but I don’t really want to actually be romping around IN it. We were supposed to have a huge snowstorm the other day – but luckily it didn’t materialize!

28. February 25, 2012 3:04 pm

I, for one, love snow.
    I like to walk in it, shovel it, even clean it off my car.
    I like to play with Bandit and Sammy in it.
    The doggies love it and it makes them all frisky.
    It is pretty and soft and it makes everything so quiet.

Then it gets dirty and I wish it away!

29. February 25, 2012 3:30 pm

Way cool picture. I love snow. Of course now that I have an itty bitty baby that shouldn’t be exposed to cold, I’m anxiously awaiting spring.

30. February 25, 2012 4:27 pm

Nice photo! I love snow, and sadly we haven’t had very much this year.

31. February 25, 2012 4:47 pm

You and I are in total agreement on snow. Your/Vance’s picture is lovely to look at, but I hope never to drive in it or shovel it again.

32. February 25, 2012 5:58 pm

Snow really is beautiful, but can be hard to contend with (duh!). I love to see snow-capped mountains in the distance, far, far away. This photo captures the mood very well, a cold and stark beauty.

33. February 25, 2012 6:40 pm

I love that pic and it would’ve been perfect if the sheep had been out there too!!!

34. February 25, 2012 8:00 pm

WOW…lots of bloggers had snow last week. You son was sweet to send virtual snow your way with this photo…LOL

35. February 25, 2012 9:14 pm

Very pretty photo, but I feel the same way — “as long as it’s not here”! We’ve had just about as much snow this winter as I like — almost none.

36. February 26, 2012 12:42 am

Haha!
    I LOVE snow, and I love when it falls here. Good thing I do since we usually get more than our share of it each year!

37. February 26, 2012 1:16 am

Quite a few snow pics today. I like snow as long as I can stay inside with hot cocoa or a glass of wine and read. I’m not sure where Gage fits into that, maybe he’s napping?

38. February 26, 2012 8:14 am

Oh gosh! I hope Vance was inside next to a warm fire with some sweats on!

39. February 26, 2012 9:23 am

Lol about the sheep. Smarties. 😛

Beautiful photo! I’m in South Florida. No one here would know what to do with that much snow lol

And what a crazy winter – it’s hard been cold down here. I wanna wear my jackets! lol

Great post – thanks for sharing the photo. 🙂

40. February 26, 2012 10:47 am

Compared to most years, we have had a basically snow-less winter. Last year we ran out of places to put it and people were shovelling off their roofs. This year hardly anything.

41. February 26, 2012 1:15 pm

Ha, that made me laugh about liking snow as long as it isn’t here! I love rain–as long as I’m not in it.

42. February 26, 2012 2:15 pm

I love this picture. I can’t tell you whether or not I’m a snow person since I live in SoCal. 🙂 But I do like the idea of snow.

43. February 26, 2012 3:39 pm

I like snow in small doses and it should shovel itself and disappear after a day. We’ve not had any snow of note this year — after being clobbered in the past few winters. I’m thankful .. .but my son is disappointed.

44. February 26, 2012 5:15 pm

Very pretty 🙂 Im sure the sheep were hiding.

45. February 26, 2012 8:51 pm

I don’t blame those sheep for hiding. That is what I did last week when it snowed here! I am enjoying the winter pictures everyone has posted. It’s a beautiful picture!

46. February 27, 2012 4:09 pm

That is a lot of snow and probably more than my California brain can get my head around!

47. February 28, 2012 6:15 pm

Maybe the sheep are camouflaged by the snow?!

Brrr … I think that’s more snow than we’ve had all winter (knock wood!)

48. March 1, 2012 2:23 pm

My thoughts on snow are about like yours. Though I wouldn’t mind ONE snow day a season. Last year we had a lot–might have been record breaking–but have only had a bit of dusting. I could use an excuse to stay in my jammies all day with that chickpea banana! 😉