Mailbox Monday

January 17, 2011

I know it sounds crazy, but I look forward to Mondays, so I can take a peek into everyone’s mailboxes.  It’s just so much fun to see what books are out there, making people excited. Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia of The Printed Page and is being hosted by Rose City Reader during the month of January.   We had crazy weather in our part of the country last week, so there were no deliveries or pick-ups at our house until Wednesday.  Here’s what I found in my mailbox:

Wednesday:

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Did you get any new books last week?

1. January 17, 2011 5:03 am

You have a nice fat mailbox but I am really looking forward to your review of Paris was ours!

2. January 17, 2011 5:11 am

wow, such fantastic books, you’ve got the Iron King series, I’ve heard great things about it.

3. January 17, 2011 5:22 am

Wow, great week! I really loved The Iron King, I need to continue with the series. Enjoy your new reads.

4. January 17, 2011 6:02 am

I am drooling at your Iron King trilogy.

5. January 17, 2011 6:21 am

I really enjoyed “The Nobodies Album”- I read it back in the summer and was captivated. Enjoy all of your new books!

6. January 17, 2011 7:48 am

Love looking at that pic of books you received 🙂 I’m really looking forward to your review on The Girl Who Fell From the Sky – I’ve heard such great things about this one. Enjoy your new books!

7. January 17, 2011 7:57 am

I’ve seen the Nobodies Album around the blog world and think it sounds interesting. Will look forward to your review.

Happy reading!

8. January 17, 2011 8:01 am

What a great mailbox! I am so tempted to read the Iron trilogy because it has rave reviews but I heard it’s heavy on the swearing. Looking forward to your reviews!

9. January 17, 2011 8:20 am

Wonderful cache this week. I think Picture of You sounds great. enjoy

10. January 17, 2011 8:55 am

That’s a whole load of books! Happy reading !

11. January 17, 2011 9:03 am

The Girl Who Fell From The Sky is one I am seeing around a lot recently and that looks very interesting.

12. January 17, 2011 9:05 am

Oh, I’m green with envy over several of your books, like Picturing You, The Girl Who Fell From the Sky, and The Nobodies Album…Attachments also looks wonderful—love the author’s name! LOL

Here’s mine:

13. January 17, 2011 9:10 am

Crazy good stack – as always! Enjoy all of them.

14. January 17, 2011 9:27 am

Great mailbox Kathy. BTW your not crazy. I love looking at what others got in the mail. Its nice to see what is coming in and I have to say that I am jealous of The iron Queen. Lucky duck you. 🙂

15. January 17, 2011 9:33 am

Oh! The Iron Fey series is fantastic. Definitely bump that one up on your list if you can. 🙂

16. January 17, 2011 9:57 am

I received Morning Miracle by Dave Kindred from LibraryThing. It’s about the Washington Post from a reporter’s viewpoint and so far is really good.

17. January 17, 2011 10:17 am

I did get some books last week, but for the most part they were unsolicited and kind of disappointing! Ugg! I really love the cover for The Girl Who Fell From the Sky. So cool! Hope you enjoy your new gems. 🙂

18. January 17, 2011 10:20 am

I am really very curious about the Iron series, and am wondering if you will like then. You got a lot of other great stuff as well. I hope that you enjoy all of them and that they are all really good reads!

19. January 17, 2011 10:29 am

Would love to read The Girl Who Fell From the Sky. Someone recommended it just this past week. “Table of Contents” seems interesting too. I’ll bet the The Iron series is good too. Enjoy~

20. January 17, 2011 10:35 am

That’s a great bunch of books! I’ve especially been interested in the Nobodies Album so I can’t wait to see your thoughts on that one.

21. January 17, 2011 10:51 am

Ohhhhh the Iron Books! 😀 Enjoy those, I do hear they are great

22. January 17, 2011 11:07 am

ooh you got The Iron King books! I’ve heard they’re good and can’t wait to hear what you think!

23. January 17, 2011 12:03 pm

I too am coveting the Iron Fey books. Table of contents sounds good too (or maybe its just because its lunch time). Happy reading!

24. January 17, 2011 12:12 pm

What a wonderful overflowing mailbox. Happy Reading! I can’t wait to hear you review on some of these.

25. January 17, 2011 12:47 pm

What a fantastic mix of books, there is bound to be something there that will captivate you!

Personally, I like the look of ‘Though Not Dead’ and ‘The Girl Who Fell From The Sky’, both of which sound like fairly emotional reads.

I was also intrigued by ‘Paris Was Ours’. Not the sort of thing I usually go for, but I really want to give this one a try.

Thanks for sharing

26. January 17, 2011 1:05 pm

Fun stuff! I’ve heard great things about Pictures of You!

27. January 17, 2011 1:10 pm

Wow — I loved TABLE OF CONTENTS. And I can’t wait to read PICTURES OF YOU. But I’m jealous of THE IRON KING books.

28. January 17, 2011 1:41 pm

What a great list. I have to admit wishing I had the Iron King series. Enjoy!

29. January 17, 2011 1:53 pm

I can’t wait to read your thoughts on Girl Who Fell From the Sky. It’s been on my tbr list for awhile now. Happy reading!

30. January 17, 2011 2:01 pm

Wow! What a mailbox–enjoy your new goodies! 🙂

31. January 17, 2011 2:04 pm

What a great pile of books! Paris Was Ours looks good to me!

32. January 17, 2011 2:32 pm

Great books! I really want to read the “Iron” series!! Enjoy and have a great week, Kathy!

33. January 17, 2011 2:48 pm

WOW ! Excellent week for you, I’d say 🙂 Can’t wait to see what you think of Pictures of You 🙂

34. January 17, 2011 3:48 pm

I am always so amazed you find time to read so many books!

35. January 17, 2011 3:54 pm

Nice list of books! I need to post what I received in the mail today as well. 🙂

36. January 17, 2011 4:37 pm

So many books in just a few days! Mind you, it gives the postie some exercise! 😀

37. January 17, 2011 4:57 pm

Doesn’t sound crazy at all..I love peeking in everyone’s mail!! You have some great titles…enjoy!

38. January 17, 2011 6:02 pm

I’m curious about what you think of The Girl who Fell from the Sky. The cover, esp is very appealing!

39. January 17, 2011 6:24 pm

Some there that I’ve heard of and some that are new to me. I’ve read Pictures of You and thought it was pretty good.

40. January 17, 2011 6:42 pm

You got the whole Kagawa set! Wait a minute…. you GOT THE GIRL WHO FELL FROM THE SKY!!! Now I am officially moving to your mailbox… can I at least look at them while you read them, please.

WOW send me the papers to move to your mailbox before friday please.

happy reading girl 🙂

41. January 17, 2011 6:44 pm

Lots of good books this past week! Have fun reading!

42. January 17, 2011 7:30 pm

Oh man what a haul! I am so jealous of the Iron series, as is everyone else, I’m sure. Enjoy!

43. Literary Feline permalink
    January 17, 2011 8:58 pm

I bought a copy of The Girl Who Fell From the Sky recently and am looking forward to reading it. I look forward to reading your thoughts on it too, Kathy! Enjoy your new books!

44. January 17, 2011 10:41 pm

Wow, what a great towering pile this week! I’m dying to read the two first books you got this week. Hope all of them are good!

45. January 18, 2011 12:17 am

I am so jealous of the Iron Daughter Series. I so want to read that set.

46. January 18, 2011 12:46 am

That’s an impressive stack of books.

47. January 18, 2011 2:06 am

What a great mailbox. 🙂 I got the Algonquin books too… I’m so curious about the Iron Fey series books – they sound great and I love the covers. Happy Reading Kathy. ~ Wendi

48. January 18, 2011 8:39 am

oh what a great mailbox!! i’m jealous of the iron daughter series that you got. i’ve heard so many great things about it and i’ll have to keep an eye out for your review of it.

49. January 18, 2011 8:55 am

I’ve heard good things about The Nobodies Album. Enjoy!

50. January 18, 2011 4:46 pm

I want that Paris book!

Thanks for participating in Mailbox Monday!

Rose City Reader

51. January 18, 2011 7:50 pm

I’m going to wait to read the Iron Daughter series until I see what you think of them. I’ve read so many reviews of them that I’m more than a little confused on the whole idea so my plan is to go by what the next bloggers says about them. Not that there is any pressure or anything 🙂

52. January 18, 2011 8:42 pm

I got my Early Reviewer copy of “The Nobodies Album” this week too. I thought they had overlooked me … it took so long to get!

53. Veens permalink
    January 18, 2011 10:49 pm

That is a great loot!

54. January 19, 2011 6:21 am

I’m so jealous! I must say I’m pretty successful at this book buying ban business and I have no new books to show… 😦

55. January 19, 2011 12:33 pm

Ooo! I’m so jealous that you got all three Julie Kagawas! I really want to read that series. Honesly, the whole pile looks lovely!

56. January 19, 2011 9:33 pm

Days with no mail delivery are tough to take!

I’m looking forward to reading PICTURES OF YOU.

57. January 20, 2011 8:17 am

I also received those Algonquin books, but I was lazy and didn’t post a MM this week. LOL Happy reading! 🙂

58. January 22, 2011 11:48 pm

I like looking at the mailboxes on Mondays too! You got some great books last week. I also got the newest book in the Iron Fey series but haven’t read the first two yet. I need to get to that right away. I hope you enjoy all your goodies!

59. January 24, 2011 2:40 pm

great books. Pictures of You and Girl Who Fell are excellent! The Nobodies Album is great. Are you going to VABOOK? Carolyn is on my reading group panel.
    today, I received a great package of Viking’s ARCs.