Another challenge!

April 30, 2010

Now that I’ve got the hang of challenges, I’m beginning to think I’m in need of some intervention!  I just couldn’t resist this fun one, hosted by Margot of Joyfully Retired:

If you accept this challenge, please follow these guidelines:

1. Between May 1st and the end of the year (2010), choose one or more Alcott related things to do (see #2). In the spirit of Louisa May Alcott, each participant will set his/her own course in this challenge. You choose one or as many Alcott related items as you wish.
  2. You will also determine the contents of your challenge. As long as it is Alcott related, you may choose books, audiobooks, DVDs, movies, TV shows, a play or live theater. Anything by or about Louisa May Alcott is the intention of the challenge.
  3. It’s not necessary to compile a list at the beginning of the challenge. I’m hoping this will lead me to discover new items I haven’t even heard about.
  4. It’s perfectly okay if this challenge overlaps with other challenges.

How to sign up:

Grab the All Things Alcott Challenge button. (Use the big one above  or use the smaller one on the Challenge page.) Create a post declaring your decision to join this challenge. Return to this post (on Margot’s blog) and sign up using Linky Tools below.

If you do not have a blog and want to join the challenge, state your intent in the comments  section. All participant’s names will be listed on the All Things Alcott page. (Located on Margot’s blog.)

As you read and discover Alcott’s work and related items, return to the challenge page to leave a link or a comment about what you have read/watched/listened to. I’m hoping to collect a good list of what we discover. If you’d like to look for a list of her work, Wikepedia has a nice write-up on Alcott with a list of her books. You will have good luck if you google Louisa May Alcott.

Here’s hoping we have many happy hours exploring the world of Louisa May Alcott. Good luck to us all.

Since I plan to read The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott by Kelly O’Connor McNees soon, I figure this challenge will be a snap.

1. April 30, 2010 1:18 am

Wow! You joined another challenge! This one does sound good. 🙂

2. April 30, 2010 3:36 am

This one tempts me, but I think for once I’ll have some self-restrain. Good luck and have fun!

3. April 30, 2010 5:48 am

I can’t do it for your challenge because I have already done it. I read Work, considered to be Alcott’s best “adult” novel. See my post on it at http://silverseason.wordpress.com/?s=alcott+work+a+story+of+experience.

4. April 30, 2010 6:37 am

I’m debating about joining this one as well, since I will now have my summer free. I would love to re-read Little Women (last time I read it was about 4 decades ago!) and there have been so many wonderful reviews of The Lost Summer that I know I want to read that one as well.

I look forward to your review.

5. April 30, 2010 6:57 am

You could almost see this one coming, couldn’t you? Alcott is all over the place these days. I will abstain…I must or will be falling flat on my face come this December!

6. April 30, 2010 7:39 am

I saw this challenge too and it is calling my name. So far I have resisted. I did love The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott.I hope you enjoy it too. And I do have a collection of Louisa May Alcott books here. See it’s calling my name!

7. April 30, 2010 7:57 am

I am so tempted by this challenge, but my track record has not been good so far this year.

8. April 30, 2010 9:30 am

I might do this one too. I already have one book in mind plus two count for Shelf Discovery.

9. April 30, 2010 10:49 am

Haha! You are like me with books but with challenges! 😉 Good luck!

10. April 30, 2010 12:02 pm

Yes, you need an intervention…but don’t we all! LOL Sounds like a fun challenge.

11. April 30, 2010 3:36 pm

How is it I’m just hearing about this challenge?! It looks really fun. Good luck and happy reading!

12. April 30, 2010 5:32 pm

I’d suggest a 12-step program for your challenge addiction but I’m not really a spoil sport! Have fun!

13. April 30, 2010 8:25 pm

Oh Kathy, I am so happy you are joining me in this one. I promise you’ll have fun.

14. April 30, 2010 8:53 pm

I may need to join this one–I have been pretty lax on the challenge front lately.

15. May 1, 2010 6:41 am

I’ll be announcing my participation in this challenge tomorrow. I figure since I just failed Julie’s I now have an empty challenge slot.

16. May 1, 2010 8:17 am

Never read anything by this author. I know, I am ashamed of myself. But I plan to do so in the future. Now, I just don’t have the time, with the baby and everything.

17. May 2, 2010 4:57 am

Have fun with the challenge, Kathy!

18. May 14, 2010 1:14 pm

Another challenge? Good luck with this one!