Challenge updates

3. Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George
  4. Harriet the Spy by Louis Fitzhugh
  5. The Summer of My German Soldier by Bette Greene
  6. The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin

For The New York Challenge, I read:

1. Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh

I just love it when a book works for more than one challenge!Β  I’m totally bombing on a few of my challenges and making good progress on some others.Β  How are your challenges going?

1. April 25, 2010 4:07 pm

Haha! I have become the queen of making one book count for many challenges! At least I was, and now have exhausted my creativity. Nicely done on these challenges Kathy! It feels good, doesn’t it!

2. April 25, 2010 4:33 pm

You rock! I am not doing quite so well. At least I finished my Shelf Discovery one and the Middle Grade one.

3. April 25, 2010 4:44 pm

I have got to find the time to sit down and do this. I know that I have to be making some progress, but I don’t know how much yet!

4. April 25, 2010 5:16 pm

I have kicked the butt of the New Author Challenge 2010 and Chick Lit Challenge 2010, but am doing horribly at the 2010 Support Your Local Library Challenge as well as the 2010 RYOB Challenge. LOL- I’ve learned that I read a lot of review copies!

5. April 25, 2010 8:06 pm

Great job! I need to start trying to finish some challenges … I’m all over the map on all of them.

6. April 25, 2010 8:20 pm

Great job Kathy! Congratulations and keep up the hard work πŸ™‚

7. April 25, 2010 9:07 pm

You are making great progress Kathy. I have completed a few, and I feel much better now that I gave myself permission to drop 5/15.

Have a great week.

8. April 25, 2010 10:35 pm

I love it when they cross over too!! Great job on those challenges!!

9. April 25, 2010 11:04 pm

Good going! I’m still plugging along with my few challenges.

10. April 26, 2010 12:37 am

Kathy, you’ve done wonderfully on your challenges, and have read some terrific books. As for me, I’ve done pretty well so far.

11. Icedream permalink
    April 26, 2010 1:00 am

Wow, I’m impressed. I’m just terrible at completing challenges so I haven’t committed to a challenge this year. I have a couple of Daphne Du
    Maurier books so I am condsidering that challenge. I am also focusing on reading some of my own books off my TBR stack and making progress so I may find one for that too. I would love to participate in Shelf Discovery and hope that someone will pick it up again later in the year since this challenge is ending soon.

12. April 26, 2010 8:06 am

Congrats!! That is so great that you’ve completed so many challenges already – great job! I’ve barely made a dent in mine – yikes! Thanks for reminding me though – I think I tend to forget I’m involved in any challenges πŸ™‚

13. April 26, 2010 8:07 am

You are awesome! Wow! I have finished 2 and am just about to fail 1. Argh!

14. Kaye permalink
    April 26, 2010 8:21 am

Wow, you have done a fantastic job! Completing 4 challenges by the end of April is totally awesome. I’ve almost completed the Chunkster challenge, just need one more and Reading from my own shelves is an ongoing thing as far as I am concerned but I have completed more than I signed up for.

Have a great week!

15. April 26, 2010 9:10 am

I, too, love it when I can count a book for many challenges! Congrats on your progress.

16. April 26, 2010 10:25 am

Congrats on finishing these challenges!

17. April 26, 2010 11:11 am

I think I like the idea of one book challenges. It gives people such a sense of accomplishment. πŸ˜€

18. April 26, 2010 12:13 pm

Wow, you are amazing! It’s only April and you have already finished four. I’m in awe. All I can say is GO Kathy.

19. April 26, 2010 1:43 pm

I just did a challenge re-check yesterday, and found that I am no longer passionate about a few of the challenges I signed up 5 months ago (when I was what, a baby?). I will be dropping a few soon .. so that I can probably sign up for some more fun challenges. πŸ™‚ Esp the perpetual ones.

20. April 26, 2010 4:45 pm

I think I’m in line with you, I’m doing awesome in some challenges but not so good in others. Overall I’m doing pretty good..but I know I have a lot more to read before I can start crossing some off of my list. That’s why they are called challenges though aren’t they? I still don’t even know what books I’ll read for some, it’s going to be interesting.

21. April 27, 2010 3:59 am

I am doing so-so on my challenges. I actually manage to read books I’ve picked out for the challenges, but not nearly enough. Then I get a new book and want to read that one, and the challenge books are being pushed further down the stack. But I will keep it up, at least until there’s no hope left πŸ˜‰

22. stacybuckeye permalink
    April 27, 2010 2:18 pm

Isn’t it such a sense of accomplishment when you complete challenges? Great job!

23. April 28, 2010 5:28 pm

Congrats on the success with your reading challenges.

I have to write a “I didn’t finish the Shelf Discovery Challenge” post this weekend. Good intentions, poor execution for me!

24. May 2, 2010 4:34 am

Wonderful job with the challenges, Kathy! I’m terrible at mine…