Thinking About Community
I’m on two Book Blogger Appreciation Week panels and, as I’ve been working on my spreadsheets, I’ve been thinking about what I can do to improve this wonderful community. Since I don’t have the ideas or the energy of My Friend Amy, I came up with a list of some small things I can do. I’ve been doing some of these things all along, but I’ve been hit or miss on some of the others. So, I’m going to try to be more conscientious about doing the following:
- When I purchase something from amazon, Barnes & Noble, or an indie bookstore, I will try to find a blogger who is an associate of that site and go through them.
- I will fave blogs that I love to read on Technorati. I don’t understand Technorati, but I’ve been told having someone fave you is a good thing.
- When I read a quality post, I will Stumble it. Stumble Upon is another site I don’t understand, but I do know that when some of my posts have been stumbled, it’s resulted in anywhere from a few hits to hundreds of hits for that post.
- I will give credit to and link to others when appropriate. When I add a book to my wish list, I’ll need to list the blog name where I discovered it as well as the title and author, so that I can say who inspired me to read the book.
- I will comment on posts I’ve enjoyed reading and on new blogs I’ve discovered.
Do you have any other ideas or suggestions to add to my list?