I love my Book Buddy

April 26, 2009

book-buddy-2

I don’t know how it happened, but all of a sudden, I’m middle aged.  It’s really not that bad, but when I read for long periods of time now, my hands and arms get tired of supporting my book.  Book Buddy II to the rescue!  The Book Buddy II is a small pillow with 2 adjustable vertical ribbons and two adjustable diagonal ribbons that hold your book in place and open for you.  It also comes with an acrylic desktop that can be used as a writing desk, laptop desk or eating tray.

The concept seems simple, but it is fantastic!  With the Book Buddy II on your lap, your book is at the perfect distance to read and you can read hands free.  It also makes the book seem lighter than it really is.  I read my last two books using the Book Buddy II and I loved it – I will be using it from now on.  (I’ve even been using it with my Kindle.)  I think this would make a great high school graduation gift.  You can order one directly from the Reading Comfort website or check to see if your local bookstore carries them.

I tried my Book Buddy II with a mass market paperback, a trade paperback, a hardback and my laptop and it worked great with all of them.

book-buddy-ii-white-background

1. April 26, 2009 7:14 am

It does look a great book “gadget.” And it’s so pretty!

2. April 26, 2009 7:45 am

These look terrific! I agree that they make the perfect gift!

3. April 26, 2009 9:29 am

I might have to look into one of those. Holding big books can get really tiring.

4. stacybuckeye permalink
    April 26, 2009 10:13 am

I’m getting one of these for my mother for Mother’s Day! Glad you like it.

5. April 26, 2009 10:30 am

These look so cool! I just may have to order one.

Lezlie

6. April 26, 2009 10:36 am

Useful AND pretty! Very nice.

7. April 26, 2009 10:47 am

It looks gorgeous, but I wonder if I would get annoyed by having to take the page out of the ribbon holder to turn–kind of like that plastic book holder at the gym. My favorite books are the old and worn ones that just flop open to the page and I can just prop the book up against my legs or a pillow.

8. April 26, 2009 11:10 am

I have one too!!! I’m working on my review post right now, & yeah, I’m kinda useless without it now… Like, what happened to my other hand? Oh, it’s holding a book. Um, why?? Duh!

How’s that for a 2-second review? =P

9. April 26, 2009 11:49 am

I so want one of these!!!! I love the colour of yours, great choice.

10. April 26, 2009 12:26 pm

I really needed one of these when I was reading Drood. My wrists hurt for a week after I’d finished all of its 900 pages.

11. April 26, 2009 12:38 pm

I want one!! What a great gift idea…hmmmm…..

12. April 26, 2009 12:54 pm

Well, I agree with your first sentence: “I don’t know how it happened, but all of a sudden, I’m middle aged” Where has the time gone??? (and the eyesight)

This does look like a lovely gift idea for any book lover!

13. April 26, 2009 2:17 pm

Glad to hear that you loving your book buddy! I’m may have to suggest this as a gift idea for Mother’s Day!!

I’ve passed on an award to you, check out my Sunday Salon post.

14. April 26, 2009 2:20 pm

Might have to get one of those! They’re so pretty, too!

15. April 26, 2009 3:12 pm

I can see myself on the back deck this summer, lounging on the lounge chair with one of these Book Buddies on my lap …

16. April 26, 2009 3:37 pm

Very lovely and very useful. I love the color.

17. April 26, 2009 4:09 pm

I have heard of the book buddy but I had no idea how lovely they could be. I will be looking to get one for myself when I can. Things like this are interesting to know because not everyone (*me) is familiar- so thanks for taking the time to share. 😀

18. April 26, 2009 4:49 pm

Not only does the book buddy look functional but it is very pretty.

You don’t know how middle age happened? How would you like to admit your children are middle aged? Yow, I don’t know how THAT happened but mine are. And here I thought I was still 39. Yeah, right. Sigh. . . .

19. April 26, 2009 5:18 pm

What a clever idea. I’m reading a 490 page book right now that would be less painful with the buddy. That’s for sharing the idea.

As to your question on middle age – it’s what happens when you are so busy doing all those other things in life. It just creeps up on you.

20. April 26, 2009 5:26 pm

The Book Buddy is a fantastic reader’s tool! Which pattern do you have, Kathy?

• April 26, 2009 7:35 pm

The pattern of my Book Buddy is Indian Summer, and I think it’s gorgeous.

21. April 26, 2009 8:06 pm

Good for you Kathy! It would definitely be handy for the heavier books. I have arthritis in my hands so I bet this would help a lot.

22. April 26, 2009 10:07 pm

Not only does it look beautiful, it seems so practical and useful too! I’ll have to check it out!

23. April 26, 2009 11:17 pm

I really want a Book Buddy. I am the only book blogger in the universe that does not have one. Well, it seems like that anyway 🙂

24. April 27, 2009 1:17 am

I want one!

25. ladytink534 permalink
    April 27, 2009 5:04 am

I’m simply going to have to buy one of these eventually!

26. April 27, 2009 6:39 am

I wasn’t convinced about this when I saw it for the first time. but now that I am reading so manyy positive things about it, I am forced to change my mind 🙂

27. April 27, 2009 12:04 pm

I love my Book Buddy, too! I need to work on my write up. I didn’t think it would work very well for paperbacks when I first got it, but it works like magic for them all. Great write up, Kathy!

28. April 27, 2009 1:46 pm

I love mine, too! Thanks for the in-use pics. I haven’t used mine with a mass-market paperback yet, but glad to know it works fine.

29. April 28, 2009 12:16 am

Your Book Buddy is beautiful! What a great addition to a reading corner. 🙂

~ Wendi

30. April 28, 2009 5:05 pm

I am addicted to my Book Buddy. My review will be posting later on this week.

31. May 7, 2009 1:36 pm

“Book Buddy II to the rescue” I love it. I need one of these…o wait…is some special occasion on the horizon?! HMM…perhaps in another 3 months…:) Who can I get to drop hints to the hubby?!

32. May 7, 2009 8:22 pm

I keep debating on whether or not to get one of these. My fingers and hands get tired when I am reading a book that I want to give away to someone because I want to try hard not to break the spine. I find it easier to hold and read when the book can open up farther, but so many people do not like that. I try to be sensitive to that as much as possible. Will the Book Buddy keep the spine of a book intact?