Tuesday Thingers and Picture of Milou

January 13, 2009

tuesdaythingers

Tuesday Thingers are hosted by Wendi of Wendi’s Book Corner.  Her question for today is:

Have you ever looked at the Common Knowledge page, or viewed the history of changes/additions? If you were aware of this section, have you added any information? Do you find this information useful or interesting?

I’ve never looked at the Common Knowledge page.  I tried to look through it this morning, but data browsing has been temporarily disabled.  I was able to look at the Common Knowledge for specific books, and I did find it interesting.  I will definitely be checking this feature out, and maybe even adding information,  when I post reviews from now on. Thanks, Wendi!

_________________________________________________

Here’s Milou sleeping in her (rarely used) bed with her bear.  She must not have been able to find a lap or a patch of sunshine that day.

milou-sleeping-with-her-bear

1. January 13, 2009 8:19 am

I never looked at Common Knowledge either, but it sounds like a good feature. Milou looks very comfortable. Great picture!

2. January 13, 2009 8:27 am

I haven’t ever checked out that feature, I’m going to have to do so.

I finally gave up buying Cookie beds, she much prefers the couch, chair, lap, bed, recliner that we humans are occupying. I’m pretty sure she just thinks she’s a short human with a body hair problem.

So, I answered an offer of a book over on Book Blogs that an author had posted. She sent me the book herself, it has glowing reviews over on Amazon, (I think maybe all by friends and family?) and I think its, well, lets be kind, okay. Sort of sophomoric, a little skinny volume that starts as a horror, sort of morphs into sci-fi and now seems to have a dash of alien sci-fi tossed in. I keep stumbling across wee little grammatical errors. I sure don’t want to pop this girls bubble, but I just don’t think its nearly as good as the reviewers on Amazon have said. I feel like a heel, (hey, I rhymed…) How would you handle it? I don’t even want to say the book title or author name for fear that she does the whole Google alerts thingy.

3. January 13, 2009 9:12 am

Great pic of Milou Kathy.

4. January 13, 2009 9:28 am

Milou looks so comfy!

5. January 13, 2009 10:07 am

Cute photo. I’d kinda like to cuddle up with a bear today.

6. January 13, 2009 10:31 am

I actually hadn’t noticed the Common Knowledge page before.

Milou is as cute as ever 🙂

7. stacybuckeye permalink
    January 13, 2009 10:44 am

I’ve never checked out Common Knowledge on LT, but obviously the common knowledge on Bermudaonion is that Milou is adorable!

8. January 13, 2009 11:03 am

Never seen the Common Knowledge section – looks interesting though.

Milou is cute as always – looks so cozy in his bed 🙂

9. January 13, 2009 11:22 am

I’m a little obsessed with the Common Knowledge on LT… I use it all the time! 🙂

And my dog never uses his dog bed, either. He prefers to plunk himself down to nap by wherever my feet happen to be.

10. January 13, 2009 11:57 am

Emmy never goes willingly into her cat bed!

11. fleurfisher permalink
    January 13, 2009 12:07 pm

Do look at common knowledge – it’s wonderful! Milou looks wonderful and so comfortable – how do dogs do that? Briar, my border terrier sleeps all over the house but rarely in her own bed!

12. January 13, 2009 12:11 pm

I just had to come see a pic of Miss Milou! What a dolly girl.

13. January 13, 2009 12:16 pm

Bandit, the wonder dog, likes his bed so much that he just drags it to where he wants to sleep.

(see Bandit, a link!)

14. January 13, 2009 12:56 pm

Oh she is just too cute! I love your pictures of her!

15. January 13, 2009 1:31 pm

Aren’t they precious when they’re sleeping. She looks so content. Buddy isn’t one for sleeping in his bed either. He just tosses it around the living room instead.

16. January 13, 2009 2:39 pm

Is Milou a Corgi? Can you ever get her bear away from her? She’s so cute!

17. January 13, 2009 2:57 pm

I’ve never heard of the Common Knowledge page either! What a cute picture…how sweet that he has a bear!

18. January 13, 2009 3:19 pm

Just makes you want to curl up and cuddle with her, huh? Too cute.

19. January 13, 2009 5:10 pm

I’ve browsed Common Knowledge a little, and added a few bits of info. I’m not sure how really useful it is, but it’s fun to be able to read the first sentences of books, and see the blurbs and stuff like that.

Such a cute shot of Milou! That bed looks pretty comfy, but I can see how a nice lap would be even better.

20. January 13, 2009 9:33 pm

You should entitle this photo “Kung Foo Panda.”

21. January 13, 2009 10:20 pm

Milou is always so adorable – I didn’t know she has a bear. Does she sleep with her stuffie all the time?

22. January 13, 2009 10:21 pm

My cat is like that too. She has a bed that she loves but she hardly ever uses it lol. Spoilt little thing!

23. January 14, 2009 2:27 pm

Adorable pic! I don’t spend all that much time on LT, so I’ve never even heard of the common knowledge page.

24. January 14, 2009 4:31 pm

I only see the CK field when I display my library list (I’ve selected “honors and awards” as a display category).

I think this is the second pic you’ve posted of Milou and her bear … it must be a favorite toy/friend!

25. January 17, 2009 7:40 pm

Is it a girl or a boy your dog is cute am an dog lover too.

26. January 19, 2009 10:19 pm

Another great photo Kathy! 🙂 I’m enjoying the Common Knowledge feature. It is kind of fun to be the “first” to add some information for a given book. I know – – – I’m silly!

Thanks for participating in Tuesday Thingers last week! I’ve got this week’s posted now.

Take care, Wendi