Mailbox Monday

January 6, 2014

Parkland

Welcome to Mailbox Monday, a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued.  It was another busy week so I was glad to have a quiet mailbox.  Vance and Adam have gone home and the house is too quiet now.  I’m sad to have the holidays end.  Here are the books that showed up in my mailbox last week:

Thursday

Did you find any goodies in your mailbox last week?

About these ads
  1. January 6, 2014 6:23 am

Its always a bit flat after the children leave. No one came home for Christmas for us, and it was quiet here as well.

2. January 6, 2014 6:30 am

Quiet at my house too. There always seems to be a ‘let down’ after the holidays. Glad to have good books to read though. I hope you enjoy the audiobook.

3. January 6, 2014 7:43 am

Another title I don’t know.

4. January 6, 2014 8:11 am

I haven’t heard of Parkland. Hope you enjoy it!

5. January 6, 2014 8:20 am

I don’t think our mailman can even get to our house with all the snow!

6. January 6, 2014 9:39 am

I got sick on Christmas so having my guests leave was a tiny bit of a relief. Now that I’m feeling better, I’m sad about my dreary holiday!

7. January 6, 2014 10:15 am

It’s good to have quiet weeks so we can catch up. Perfect way to start the new year.

8. January 6, 2014 10:40 am

I bet you love having a slow week…lol.,

9. January 6, 2014 10:46 am

It is sad the holidays are over. Then we had a blizzard. I just want my parcels that are ‘here’, but keep getting delayed on being delivered…

10. January 6, 2014 10:47 am

Only one book?! Never have I seen so few books in one of your Mailbox posts!!

11. January 6, 2014 10:50 am

I get blue after the holidays too. Slow mailbox weeks are nice though. Hope you enjoy your new book!

12. January 6, 2014 11:06 am

The quiet will linger…and then you’ll discover how much you can accomplish without anyone there. When my older boys were young and went back to college, I would clean closets afterwards…lol.

Enjoy Parkland…I’ve been curious about this one. Here’s MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES

13. January 6, 2014 11:41 am

Quiet is good, but it is sad when they leave.

You definitely had a quiet mailbox.

ENJOY this first full week of 2014.

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

14. sandynawrot permalink
    January 6, 2014 12:36 pm

Quiet is a wonderful thing. I’ve got it today for the first time in awhile.

15. January 6, 2014 12:40 pm

Kathy, I hope you have a chance to enjoy Parkland soon.

16. January 6, 2014 2:10 pm

I am so glad I got it off to your right away :) Cant wait to hear your thoughts :)

17. January 6, 2014 2:26 pm

With yesterday being the last day of the 12 days of Christmas, it really does feel like the holidays are over. I might listen to a few more Christmas songs before I let them go this year, though.

18. January 6, 2014 3:01 pm

Quiet is nice. I do miss the holidays though–they were fairly quiet for me. Now it’s back to the grind. Enjoy your book!

19. January 6, 2014 3:24 pm

You must enjoy the quiet a little bit.

20. January 6, 2014 3:46 pm

My daughter stayed for a week during Christmas, and now it seems really quiet without her here. I’ve had a good mail week this week, including THE ROSIE PROJECT and THE GOLDFINCH. Also got a copy of Philip Pullman’s FAIRY TALES FROM THE BROTHERS GRIMM.

21. January 6, 2014 4:12 pm

It’s good to get back to peace and quiet, no new books in my mailbox.

22. January 6, 2014 5:08 pm

That cartoon creation is clever!

23. January 6, 2014 5:09 pm

Hi Kathy,

I am not a big Christmas and New Year person, so I am quite glad to get back to normal, now that I have managed to work out what day of the week it is!, it’s strange how holidays can throw your entire body clock into mayhem!

Knowing how large your mailbox usually is, I can’t imagine you having much peace for too long and next week’s post is sure to make up for your single book this week.

Although this isn’t my kind of read, Parkland has received some pretty spectacular reviews and ratings, so I hope that you enjoy it.

Yvonne.

24. January 6, 2014 5:45 pm

It is always sad when the kids go back to their homes. Our son came back because he ended up in the hospital last week. He is getting better and will go back to his house on Wednesday.

25. January 6, 2014 6:43 pm

I didn’t get any books last week. I love when my mailbox gets a break!

26. January 6, 2014 10:15 pm

Interesting book!

Have a great mailbox each week, in 2014!

Here is my post

27. January 6, 2014 10:27 pm

Our family is gone too now, I’m also sad to see the holidays end but glad for the time we had!
    Small mailboxes are good for catch-up reading. Happy reading! :)

28. January 7, 2014 5:38 am

I’d love some more holidays :) I hope you’re not too cold/snowed in – the pictures of the snow on the TV here have been amazing!

29. January 7, 2014 11:56 am

It’s understandable to be a little sad after the holidays. I hope you find a pick-me-up. Have a good week.

30. January 7, 2014 3:33 pm

It’s pretty quiet around here too. Charlie, my lovebird, isn’t even chirping.

31. January 7, 2014 11:55 pm

Happy reading! I finally reunited with cat after the holidays and I missed her so much when I was away in Italy. Have a great week ahead!

32. January 8, 2014 11:23 am

My parents always complain of the quiet after we leave. However, after I dropped Gage off at class this morning for the first time in almost 3 weeks and came home to a silent house, it was glorious :)

January 8, 2014 3:34 pm

Oooh! Good one. I was curious about this book!