Mailbox Monday

December 30, 2013

Mailbox Monday December 30

Welcome to Mailbox Monday, a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued.  December’s host is Gilion of Rose City Reader.  This past week was wonderful but went by much too quickly.  Our nephew and Vance are here and Carl and are enjoying having a full house for the holidays.  It’s hard for me to believe this is the last mailbox post for 2013!  Here are the books that showed up in my mailbox last week:

Monday

Tuesday

Thursday

Saturday

Did you find any goodies in your mailbox last week?

About these ads
  1. December 30, 2013 5:01 am

Nice list. Happy new year

2. December 30, 2013 5:10 am

Our postie had most of last week off, so no parcels for me – just lovely presents! Enjoy the holiday time with your family and happy new year :)

3. December 30, 2013 5:50 am

Ooh, I’ve heard great things about Flowers in the Attic. It’s quite an old book however, so surprised it’s coming up for review. Think this is a reissue? Anyway, looking forward to your review of this book :) and Happy new year!

4. December 30, 2013 7:39 am

That quite an impressive pile of books. I’ve been wanting to read the Fannie Flagg books, but haven’t yet. My daughter read Flowers in the Attic, when she was in High School. I have not read it though. Have a Happy New Year.

5. Beth F permalink
    December 30, 2013 7:47 am

So happy your Candlewick books came before the new year. It was fun that you were the winner!

6. December 30, 2013 8:00 am

You sure got a load of books! We hardly even got any magazines this week! LOL

7. December 30, 2013 8:20 am

WOW, that’s a lot of books. I hope you had a lovely holiday (I’m ready for 2014 after being away for so long. Routine sounds divine). Happy New Years!

8. December 30, 2013 8:30 am

Fannie is still writing? I had no idea.

9. December 30, 2013 10:22 am

Oh, I’m curious about Fannie Flagg’s newest. I loved Fried Green Tomatoes at The Whistle Stop Cafe and I’ll never, ever forget Welcome to The World, Baby Girl. It still breaks my heart, and I read it years ago. Happy reading, Happy New Year, Kathy!

10. December 30, 2013 10:46 am

Perfect and Carol Wall’s book look perfect. I also have Bold. Happy reading!
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

11. December 30, 2013 11:00 am

You have a wonderful mailbox! Happy reading for 2014!!

Here is my post.

12. December 30, 2013 11:16 am

Congrats on all those book wins. Happy reading and Happy New Year!

13. December 30, 2013 12:00 pm

Man, you win everything. :) Congrats and enjoy your new books!

14. December 30, 2013 12:11 pm

Loved the Fannie Flagg book….and the movie Flowers in the Attic. Must read the book! It was definitely a memorable movie….

I like Diane Johnson’s books, so Flyover Lives is going on my list. Happy New Year!

Here’s MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES

15. December 30, 2013 12:38 pm

I think flowers in the attic has just been released as a movie. Nice selection you have there

16. December 30, 2013 12:40 pm

Oh, no! “Flowers in the Attic” after all these years?!! Crazy! I love Diane Johnson so that should be an interesting one.

Keep your reading stamina up, girlfriend! :]

17. December 30, 2013 1:57 pm

I see a gardening book in that pile! I’m ready for winter to end and planting to begin, or at least to read about it. I have the Bold cookbook too – some interesting recipes in there.

18. December 30, 2013 2:37 pm

Flowers in the Attic! You are reading all my childhood favorites haha! Looking forward to the Lifetime movie.
    That’s a great collection of winning books too! Congrats & happy new year!

19. December 30, 2013 2:44 pm

Holy Cow!

20. Beth Hoffman permalink
    December 30, 2013 3:58 pm

What a huge mailbox you have. Happy reading, Kathy … and Happy New Year, too!

21. December 30, 2013 4:03 pm

Happy New Year! a great mailbox.

22. December 30, 2013 4:21 pm

Looks like lots of great books in your mailbox. I want to read The All-Girl Filling Station’s Last Reunion. Flowers in the Attic was one of my favorite books in my teen years. Thanks for visiting The Busy Mom’s Daily. Happy New Year!

23. December 30, 2013 4:49 pm

Holy Toledo on your mailbox. They all look wonderful!!

ENJOY!!!

Happy New Year.

International giveaway on my blog on January 2. Hope you can stop by.

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

24. December 30, 2013 7:42 pm

You got some great books! I will be starting Perfect next week and cannot wait for it!

25. December 30, 2013 8:23 pm

I remember Flowers in the Attic! I;m not sure I liked it enough to see on screen but it’s been since high school since I’ve read the series so I look forward to seeing what you think!

26. December 30, 2013 8:53 pm

A nice full mailbox to finish the year! I read a few books in the Flowers in the Attic series. Happy New Year.

27. December 30, 2013 9:17 pm

Flowers In The Attic!!! I cant wait I am going to read that one too…. it has been years!

28. December 30, 2013 10:14 pm

I was sooo tempted to get Flowers in the Attic for review, but I passed. Too much on my plate right now, but someday I want to read it!

29. December 30, 2013 10:16 pm

I’ve heard that they’re remaking Flowers in the Attic, and all the talk has made me curious about the book. I’ve never read it, but maybe now is the time! Happy reading!

30. December 30, 2013 10:24 pm

What a haul! All those Candlewicks sound especially good!

31. December 31, 2013 1:02 am

Hi Kathy,

‘OMG’ I just can’t believe what a great haul of books you received this past week and from so many varied genres. I see that quite a few of them are ‘wins’, so many congratulations there.

I did manage to check out most of your titles, but I have to say that the one which really set me thinking, was the very first one you list, ‘The Poisoned Island’.

Remembering the couple of visits we have made to Kew over the years, including the beautifully appointed gallery dedicated to botanical artist Marianne North, this book just somehow resonates with me, so is a definite for my list.

Thanks for sharing and I would like to wish you and your family a very happy and prosperous New Year.

Yvonne

32. Shweta permalink
    December 31, 2013 3:11 am

Such an awesome mailbox! While I have read the V C Andrews books in the Dollanganger series, I think the same issue is better handled by Tabitha Suzuma. Would love to read your review.

33. December 31, 2013 9:26 am

WOW!! That is some mailbox! Enjoy!

34. December 31, 2013 11:47 am

Bold looks awesome — looking forward to your review of that one!

35. December 31, 2013 11:48 am

Wow, that is quite a diverse collection of books! I loved reading the Fannie Flagg book and have heard that the audio is great. Enjoy!

36. December 31, 2013 3:21 pm

Well that was an impressive mailbox! :) There’s a couple in there which I need to get and read (Perfect and The Poisoned Island). I hope you enjoy them all.

All the best for 2014! :)

37. January 1, 2014 8:23 pm

Okay – curious minds want to know … Where in the world do you keep these weekly piles of books?!?!?

38. January 1, 2014 9:52 pm

What an awesome pile as always! I hope these books will accompany you well into the first and subsequent days in 2014. Happy new year!

39. January 2, 2014 9:29 pm

I remember having a collection of V.C. Andrews books when I was younger, but I can’t remember ever reading them, lol. Happy reading, and Happy New Year!

January 4, 2014 9:02 am

You got a ton of books. Not so many here! I’m reading FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC right now.