Wondrous Words Wednesday
Wondrous Words Wednesday is a weekly meme where we share new (to us) words that we’ve encountered in our reading. Feel free to join in the fun. (Don’t forget to leave a link in your comment if you’re participating.)
My words from this week come from a list of new words being added to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary. I was excited to see that vlog made the list, but it’s not one of my words, because I already knew it.
1. acai – a small dark purple fleshy berrylike fruit of a tall slender palm of tropical Central and South America that is often used in beverages
2. goji -the dark red mildly tart berry of a thorny chiefly Asian shrub that is typically dried and used in beverages
3. green-collar – of, relating to, or involving actions for protecting the natural environment
4. missalette – a shortened form of a missal published periodically for congregational use
5. shawarma – a sandwich especially of sliced lamb or chicken, vegetables, and often tahini wrapped in pita bread
What new words have you discovered lately?